+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I can't even tell you how many times I've had that exact same thought process. I started with such insanely thick hair - the hair dressers used to have to spend 5-10 minutes thinning my hair out after a cut. As aggressive as mine is, I would be bald by now (like my dad was), if it wasn't for my thickness.

Inherited amazing thick dark hair from my mom and @#$!ing MPB from my dad.
    same here. All the guys from my dad's side are bald and I got my mom's strong hair. I hope that makes me a good HT candidate. I really used to hate my hair back then. Haha. It was like the hardest thing to gel.

Hi thanks for all your feedback and your right many people do feel the same when I was thinking about moving to asia I thought I was insane and looking back it seems crazy bthat I thought like that but thats what people do when they panic. And I get angry with myself when I see people going thru terable situations and im going crazy about losing a bit of hair. I have had some not nice things happen in my life that many would feel are 100 times worse than losing hair but I can honestly say they didnt affect me as much as my hairloss which suggests that losing hair is not a vanity issue for many it a deep down phycolgical issue and it needs to be seen like that!!

How ever I can honestly say I am alot better now I dont have those thoughts anymore and like I say I have maintained the most of my hair fingers crossed I have very aggresive hair loss and 1.25 mg of fin saved me. during the early days of my hairloss I serched everywhere for a post like this a post with some sort of success regarding a aggresive hairloss suffrerer and I hope it helps. I am by no means fixed but I am on the right path

Quote Originally Posted by slantofreality View Post
    same here. All the guys from my dad's side are bald and I got my mom's strong hair. I hope that makes me a good HT candidate. I really used to hate my hair back then. Haha. It was like the hardest thing to gel.
    Some 5'4 dude came over to my pad the other day with the biggest HT scar I've ever seen. It was so egregious, I can't even imagine how many times he's had to explain what it is. Dude is super paid, crazy jacked (prob wears L or XL shirts at 5'4), and had way nice style. But there was just a huge line on the back of his head. Was nuts.

well I can't say this is true for your case, but what a lot of guys don't realize is mpb can be quite variable. Just because it is aggressive now doesn't mean it will always be that way. When my crown first started thining, it happened really fast and I even took pics to make sure I was not crazy. I went on propecia which of course helped but even after I got off of it my loss slowed down and has been that way ever since. So you may get 5 years of rapid loss then it just slows down for whatever reason. Do a search on the net and you see other guys talking about how it goes from fast to slow to fast again.

Bottom line for many people mpb is gradual over time and yes you may have spurts but it doesn't mean you will be bald in 5 years. Yes sometimes that is true but not always.

Thanks for letting us know, man.

I'm a 17 year old with what I feel is aggressive MPHL and I've been on Finasteride for over a month now. My hairline seems to keep thinning, and some days I just feel like it's not working.

I really appreciate this post. I read it all and it's good to know that even if I believe I've gotten worse, I could be mistaken and if I'm right, it could still get better.

Thanks again for posting this.

I am glad my post helped you! I am currently going through the stage where I think my hair look really thin again but just trying to stay positive as I have been here 100 times before it could be shedding or simply in my head.

My advise to you would be to take photos from now and not think about your hair for one year then take photos again at that period make sure they are done from every angel and from a good camera in the same light. At this point you will be able to see if fin is working for you or not. Try not to think about you are in good position started young and you should hopefully be able to maintain until something better comes along! As for your hairline you may not be able to stop that my hairline went at 17 but I managed to keep the rest if my hair from thining for 6 years without anything so don't worry you will be fine. Live ur life while you are young forget about it just keep taking fin maybe add minoxidil!

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    I am glad my post helped you! I am currently going through the stage where I think my hair look really thin again but just trying to stay positive as I have been here 100 times before it could be shedding or simply in my head.

My advise to you would be to take photos from now and not think about your hair for one year then take photos again at that period make sure they are done from every angel and from a good camera in the same light. At this point you will be able to see if fin is working for you or not. Try not to think about you are in good position started young and you should hopefully be able to maintain until something better comes along! As for your hairline you may not be able to stop that my hairline went at 17 but I managed to keep the rest if my hair from thining for 6 years without anything so don't worry you will be fine. Live ur life while you are young forget about it just keep taking fin maybe add minoxidil!
    Bumppppppp.

Harris, you here, bro?

I'm 14 months fin and like 8 months minox. Hairline is a bit worse but crown is just as thick (if not thicker).

Apparently these drugs aren't doing squat for my mid-anterior and frontal. Hopefully I can just maintain my crown and transplant the front. Maybe I'll just rock the NW3-4 look with pride.

The post minox shed has only semi-returned. Still get "the itch" sometimes. Will post pics later on my main thread.

Can anyone pre determine their hair loss with a minaturization test?

Hi

Sorry I have been like the typical forum poster and when I have had success I stop posting sorry!!

My hair was looking very thin shaved i decided to grow my hair to see how it would look and I am very happy to say it looks great. No sign of baldness so I am very lucky I am convinced it is the medication I have been taking for over 2 years and my advice would be to anyone is to just stick it through.

I know I still have issues with my hair as I lose an isnasne amount of hair daily 100+ but fingers crossed my hair still looks the same.

I will keep people updated as I am well aware that my hair loss can and most proberly will catch up with me.

Thank you and if you have any question just ask!

Hi Harris,

You will see my thread on the introduction section. I am very worried about my hair loss, although I am 36 and it has been so gradual I never noticed until now. I wonder if tiu could take a look and give me some advice. I am worried about finisteride side effects and cost too.

Thanks.
    http://67.227.210.96/showthread.php?t=16267