+ Reply to Thread

Default I know this will go no where but hey WTH - hair loss should be covered

I cant see a reason so much is covered under health insurance yet hair loss is not. For something that openly causes so many so much mental anguish it should be just as covered as weight loss surgery.
    I made a white house petition, I KNOW it will go no where but hey why not.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...image/8M86t056

I agree. I have read so many negative comments about buying fin/dut from foreign pharmacies. What do people expect when the price for a fin prescription is $70/month with insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I agree. I have read so many negative comments about buying fin/dut from foreign pharmacies. What do people expect when the price for a fin prescription is $70/month with insurance?
    then please vote and pass it on to others. I would love to see this thing get more votes than just me lol

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Never hurts to try. If hair transplants were covered by insurance many more people would have the surgery. Being over weight or obese causes many other medical problems and that is why weight loss surgeries are sometimes covered by insurance.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Never hurts to. If hair transplants were covered by insurance many more people would have the surgery. Being over weight or obese causes many other medical problems and that is why weight loss surgeries are sometimes covered by insurance.
    The problem with weight surgery is you are actually rewarding someone who took horrible care of themselves at the expense of everyone who pays premiums. To me this is unjust since most of the regular pop who never even use their insurance and may deal with severe depresion over hair loss basically get nada. Wpuld the insurance companoes rather pay for shrinks and depression meds?

Im sorry but if youade yourself 500 lbs and are on the verge of death you have no one to blame but you. If I'm paying high premiums because of you then you can do the same for me.

Just how I feel.even if 50% of coverage could be put in it would be a huge help to those of us who barely function outside because of this. Our personal and worm lives suffer. This is an actual condition. Perhaps if this bappened then a more reliable cost effective solution would be found.
    For those of us who cant use fin and minox does nothing what other option do we have but a noose or bullet

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    For those of us who cant use fin and minox does nothing what other option do we have but a noose or bullet
    I hate hair loss as much as the next guy, but this is just ridiculous. A full head of hair is not the cure for all of your troubles. I understand looking your best may improve on the opportunities that you get in life, but hair will not cure everything. A full head might help you get a girl (not woman) in your 20's, but in your 30's and beyond. You will need to have something more going for you, or she will end up leaving you or cheating on you with the successful bald dude. Hair will not make you more qualified to get a good job etc.

Like I said earlier, I hate this hair loss shit, but it is not worse taking or wasting your life away.