+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Is there really anything available for the temples?

The big 3 have done wonders for me for my hairs. I see the follicles thicker and longer. Granted I'm still shedding, and when I apply the minox foam through my hair, strands do fall out of varying thickness from miniaturized follicles to thicker follicles.

As for the temples, my right temple is receeding far sharper than my left side. The right side is literally a perfect half-V whereas the left side looks more like an upper half of the letter "o".

I absolutely hate it, especially since the forelock patch is also getting thinned and also miniaturizing as well. Is there anything I can do, or should I just resort to getting a HT to fix this issue.

Birthday is Tuesday, turning 28 and hoping to save up cash and treat myself to a procedure at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Is there anything I can do, or should I just resort to getting a HT to fix this issue.
    Males are genetically programmed to lose temple hair. For that reason most males cannot regrow hair that was lost from the temples. However some males have been able to regrow some of their temple hair with the approved proven meds. It's a roll of the dice if whether it would work for you or not.

Are you one of the members participating in the dermaroller community trial?

Well thats not really true. I know a guy that is 40 that has every single hair on his temple so genetics missed him somehow I guess? Maybe current treatments cant fix it is an explanation or we dont know why that happens? Its not genetic certainly in all men maybe most.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Well thats not really true.
    For the most part it is true, especially for caucasion males. There are exceptions though - as with any other human trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    For the most part it is true, especially for caucasion males. There are exceptions though - as with any other human trait.
    This is interesting, how much temple loss would you say could be a "genetic trait" versus the beginning of much more aggressive MPB?

Also, I've looked at my 5 year old brothers hair and although he has hairs in his temples, they are much thinner than everywhere else, like mine were when I was a child. However now those thin hairs are gone on my head and I'm left with a NW2!

So could you explain this genetic trait of temple hair loss to me?

Using meds to reverse temple loss is usually like spit wads against a brick wall in my exp....
    I would LOVE to find a way as well. Temple points are very aesthetic & now I basically need to "create" mine with styling (however 1 side is definitely worse than the other, same as you)

Unfortunately we may need HT's to get there. I am 6+ months on dut & the "regrowth" in my temple area has been a joke. Mix of blonde ghost hairs & midget vellus hairs that do not contribute anything cosmetically
    Actually temple points are what usually get neglected in great frontal HT's as well. I would not let that happen if I went in for a procedure

btw Tracy is right, most guys (at least white guys) do not seem to keep most of their temple hair, even if they never go beyond NW2. It sucks!

Right I agree with you there most men lose it, but lets at least admit it is still hair being lost so call it what you will. If treatments were better I would still vote to keep all of it but propecia cant save it most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    This is interesting, how much temple loss would you say could be a "genetic trait" versus the beginning of much more aggressive MPB?
    The temples themselves are not a good indicator of MPB. The vertex, the mid-anterior and the forelock are the best indicators of MPB. If your part is getting wider, you are thinning in either your mid-anterior, vertex, forelock or any combination of those three areas. In which case you very clearly have MPB. If you are only losing in the temples and no where else, you may have very mild to moderate MPB - or you may just have the natural and normal adult mature male hairline that matches your race and family characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Right I agree with you there most men lose it, but lets at least admit it is still hair being lost so call it what you will.
    If males are castrated before they fully develop, the natural and normal adult mature male hairline does not happen. Castration interrupts the normal masculinization of the male body. The voice does not lower, the hands and feet do not get bigger, the shoulders do not widen - and the hairline remains juvenile and feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The temples themselves are not a good indicator of MPB. The vertex, the mid-anterior and the forelock are the best indicators of MPB. If your part is getting wider, you are thinning in either your mid-anterior, vertex, forelock or any combination of those three areas. In which case you very clearly have MPB. If you are only losing in the temples and no where else, you may have very mild to moderate MPB - or you may just have the natural and normal adult mature male hairline that matches your race and family characteristics.
    See I have thick hair everywhere else but the temples (where it's VERY thin). If you take away the thin hairs on my temples, I'm a NW2 on the scale (with no recession up front).

Could you explain to me what the forelock is? Like, where does the forelock end and temples begin?

Because the thinning in my temples is widening, I would just like to know when it starts eating at my "forelock".

Thanks.