+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It was not a study, it is an observation, like the example given about falling off a building. You do not need a study to tell you that falling off a building can hurt you. If you do, you have much bigger worries than hair loss. We are talking about recorded history. Castration of humans is no longer done as often as it was in the past. You are not at all likely to find very many males who would be willing to participate in a study that involves castration.

In the past, castration was more common. Particularly within the Catholic church. Choir boys who had exceptionally beautiful voices would be castrated to prevent their bodies from masculinizing and thus prevent their voices from changing. You can observe photos of these poor boys and see that they look very feminine, including feminine hairlines.

Also in recorded history, it has been observed that young male slaves who were castrated never masculinize - and never develop mature male hairlines. Their appearance becomes very feminine, including feminine hairlines.

For the most part, the only modern day examples of the effect of castration on hair that can be observed are male to female transsexuals who transition while they are very young. If they transition before their bodies fully masculinize, they never develop a mature male hairline. Those who transition later in life, after their bodies have fully masculinized, usually have a mature male hairline unless they get it fixed though hair transplant surgery.
    I was just being silly. Thanks for the response though. You really know your stuff when it comes to hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Well thats not really true. I know a guy that is 40 that has every single hair on his temple so genetics missed him somehow I guess? Maybe current treatments cant fix it is an explanation or we dont know why that happens? Its not genetic certainly in all men maybe most.
    i can already see my brother will never lose his temple hair. He has the exact same hairline he did when we were 10.
    Consumes my brain. I would give anything for my hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Consumes my brain. I would give anything for my hair back.
    The genetic lottery is often unfair and unkind. It just is what it is. Don't allow it to consume you. You have a life to live. Go out and live it.

I use promox and my temples have improved, had loads miniture hair come and thickening etc. just placed an order today again for the sprays as the tretinoin can irritate the scalp so gone for DMI instead, you can see those hairs. Has made me hairy a bit more but I like it as more hairs the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I use promox and my temples have improved, had loads miniture hair come and thickening etc. just placed an order today again for the sprays as the tretinoin can irritate the scalp so gone for DMI instead, you can see those hairs. Has made me hairy a bit more but I like it as more hairs the better.
    How long for results?
    $138 for the max strength kit but I already spend that on Avo alone.
    However I do not like the idea of a beard growing out of my forehead

Have you given topical lime scale a shot?

I use XYZ and my temples have improved...
    Provide some better quality photos and then come back a year from now with more photos showing your 12 month results. Please make sure all photos are good quality photos, not poor quality like you have provided here. Get help with the photos if you need to and use a real camera, not a camera from a cell phone.