+ Reply to Thread

Default Shall I Stick with Regaine 5% extra strength or not?

I've just finished my 4th month of Regaine foam, I have been using 80% of the foam on and behind my hairline, during this time i've noticed the increased shed, and I don't think i've got as much density at the front compared to what I used to.

It has regrown some new hairs around hairline, really thin whispy ones that i hope will turn into thicker hairs, it's quite hard to tell how much as I've had a hair transplant so it's not obvious which hairs are from that, but there are tiny hairs coming through so must be a good sign.

I've heard of countless guys freak out about regaine, whilst i'm not freaking out at the moment i am a bit concerned, yes i have regrown some hairs but i've also lost 20% density in frontal third, so do I stick it out until 12 months you think? and hopefully what i've lost well regrow or should I stop now? I would say that after the initial increase in hair loss, my hair loss has been very minimal whilst using the foam.

It takes four to six months to find out if Rogaine is going to work for you. It takes much longer to determine how well it is going to work for you.

If you stop using this medication, you will lose any hair that you have regained. The best thing to do is to stick with it for at least 12 to 18 months. Then you will have a more realistic idea of how well it is working for you. If you stop sooner, you will never know.

The way I see it, if you have MPB and really want to treat it, you should jsut go on 5% minoxidil and 1mg finasteride and just continue this regiment forever. The studies show this stuff will grow new hair, stop hair loss, or at least slow the process down somewhat. Any one of these 3 is a good thing.

Therefore, you should just go on it and keep doing it for as long as you wish to address you hair loss.

your right, i haven't bothered with finastride for a while to be honest, i should probably start taking it again.

a month on final third is getting even more sparse, i part my hair and look closely at scalp and i can't see any new hairs growing