+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I've used minox every day for the past 4 months. Some regrowth, but nothing to write home about. Again, it has only been 4 months. If I were you I would add minox to my regimen, as long as you can commit to applying it twice a day. If you can't do that, then I wouldn't bother with it.
    What about two/day most days, but one/day 20% of the time.

I heard that if you stop taking rogaine you can run into some problems. What about RU5884? Is it worth the money and the trouble? Please help guys im desperate to keep most of my hair I do not want it to be noticable that i am losing hair. Should i get some concealers for now?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    What about two/day most days, but one/day 20% of the time.
    I have heard of some dudes applying once/day and getting results, so you are probably good with what you are doing. Looks like on most days you are using 2x/day any way. Plus you are on fin and dut so I think at this point minox is just a bonus. I just do my best to use it twice a day. If it is not going to work, I don't want to blame consistency.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobeb24 View Post
    Hey guys I am not sure if I have MPB so i came here to see if you guys could give me some opinions on my hairloss(if i have it). On my mothers side of the family everyone is bald(cousins,uncles,grandparents,siblings). I panicked when i found out about MPB and went to the dermatologist to get some finastride.(propecia) I have only been on for 2 weeks so i havent noticed much difference. I am experiencing no negative effects so far. Anyways heres the pictures
    The most encouraging news relates to identical twins. Studies where one used Avodart (Dutasteride) and the other didn't. Avodart is powerful medication that can cause side effects. Google: "identical twins dutasteride".
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Hey guys here is a picture of my crown,how bad does it look?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0458[1].jpg

Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	23121  

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Hey guys here is a picture of my crown,how bad does it look?
    Could you take several photos in a few areas with different lighting? Also make sure they are sharp and in focus so the individual hair shafts are clearly defined. That said, the photo you posted looks good and could pass for no hair loss at all. Photos can be misleading. Obviously you see hair loss or you wouldn't be visiting and posting in a hair loss forum.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Im not for certain im losing hair but i have taken testosterone 500mgs and some other things for performance enhancing,so thats how my paranoia started about losing hair since i know that can aggregate it.

Mate your story sounds like mine, I did a 500mg P/W Test E cycle for 10 weeks back in late November 2012 to 1st Feb 2013, it made my temples thin and recede a tiny bit and I shed like crazy for a while. (I still shed a bit now but nowhere near like then)

Fast forward over 7 months and my hair hasn't got any worse, I've even regrown some since being on propecia. I think it's a case of your hair not being able to handle the amount of DHT in your body whilst on cycle but can handle your natural levels. I don't believe the MPB gene gets "turned on" so don't worry about that, some people just have higher tolerances than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Mate your story sounds like mine, I did a 500mg P/W Test E cycle for 10 weeks back in late November 2012 to 1st Feb 2013, it made my temples thin and recede a tiny bit and I shed like crazy for a while. (I still shed a bit now but nowhere near like then)

Fast forward over 7 months and my hair hasn't got any worse, I've even regrown some since being on propecia. I think it's a case of your hair not being able to handle the amount of DHT in your body whilst on cycle but can handle your natural levels. I don't believe the MPB gene gets "turned on" so don't worry about that, some people just have higher tolerances than others.
    So your saying that my natural testosterone production isnt enough to convert to enough DHT to where it would damage my hair?

So your saying that my natural testosterone production isnt enough to convert to enough DHT to where it would damage my hair?
    Well if you only started to think you might be losing it after doing a test cycle then it seems likely unless it was a massive coincidence that you'd start losing your hair naturally right at the time you did steroids but that's probably not the case.

I would just see what happens now you are off, when this happened with me I got on propecia straight away and 7 months later hasn't got worse. I still think even if I didn't get on propecia and just stopped the cycle I would've been fine.

If you are really worried get on propecia, if not just hold tight for a while and see if it's worse in a few months, if not you should be ok.

Just lay off the androgenic steroids from now on, if you are ever going to do test again do it whilst using propecia/dutasteride. If you want to be really safe then just do purely anabolic steroids. Obviously your best bet is not to do the steroids but I'm in no position to tell you to do that lol.