+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ok, so mini update and curious what peoples opinions are.

This treatment is going well, beyond well. When I take comparative photos I can see differences within weeks, not months, weeks. Actually you might as well remove the "s" on that, every 7 days I take a pic, every 7 days it looks more filled in. I never thought it would be possible at this point to fill in my entire balding area. I still don't think it's possible and I never started Propecia again to accomplish that, but at this rate of progress if it should sustain at it's current pace, in one year I will have no bald spot anymore. It's coming in that fast.

With that in mind, do you think the fact that I've taken Propecia before is having any impact on the speed of these results? It's been several years, I just don't seem to recall it moving this fast prior, yet then again I didn't take pictures every week either. Further, if in fact I can fill in that entire spot (not as in zero balding) but fill in the clear area in the front that is so drastically forgone, would you consider that one of the more successful non surgical treatments you have seen? I haven't seen any pictures from REALLY strong respondents to even have a basis to make a judgement on that. As is I'm totally pumped. This is all at .50 MG no less.

Here is the latest picture 11/18. The previous photo looks like some serious vellus growth coming in, this one you can tell some of that vellus growth has gone terminal. My hair is soaked in this photo, as it has been to some degree for all the photos, but this is literally right out of the shower. Again, crazy, I'm closer to 2 months of treatment then even 3 months at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11-18-2013.jpg

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	24062  

If you have sides. try this take 0.15 mg fin or 0.25 fin twice a day. Generally whatever the dosage is that you take and had sides with - take half the dosage twice a day. If you have problems with this, cut that in half again. Problems with that? consider a different alternative than propecia.

I suggest this because of the kinetics of fin. The amount of fin in your body decays exponentially. Therefore, everytime you take 1 mg of fin you are essentially shocking your system and this decays rapidly. If you take fin twice a day at a lower dose - it is in your body for longer giving you a better baseline, but there will be less of an initial shock. Ultimately, this gives you a longer baseline but less intense shock. If this doesnt work propecia simply isnt good for your system

I am a chemist, not an MD so this is not medical advice. This is just a suggestion based on decay kinetics

Quote Originally Posted by Rebma View Post
    If you have sides. try this take 0.15 mg fin or 0.25 fin twice a day. Generally whatever the dosage is that you take and had sides with - take half the dosage twice a day. If you have problems with this, cut that in half again. Problems with that? consider a different alternative than propecia.

I suggest this because of the kinetics of fin. The amount of fin in your body decays exponentially. Therefore, everytime you take 1 mg of fin you are essentially shocking your system and this decays rapidly. If you take fin twice a day at a lower dose - it is in your body for longer giving you a better baseline, but there will be less of an initial shock. Ultimately, this gives you a longer baseline but less intense shock. If this doesnt work propecia simply isnt good for your system

I am a chemist, not an MD so this is not medical advice. This is just a suggestion based on decay kinetics
    I had sides at 1MG several years ago, stopped using it all together. Now I take .50 MG daily, no sides (as of now), with fantastic results. I understand what you're saying, I appreciate your insight especially with that type of background. As of now I'm doing well and will keep the routine I have. It would be difficult to split a Fin tab 4 separate ways and have any consistency to the dosage amount. As is breaking in half, I probably take .65 one day, .35 another, .50 another, .45 another. Certainly not an exact science.

Your hair has made a remarkable recovery, this stuff works, and its all we have.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Your hair has made a remarkable recovery, this stuff works, and its all we have.
    Thank you, it's been extremely encouraging documenting this. I was also hoping to show that lower dosages can produce good results and less sides, which so far is well ahead of my expectations.