+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Should make for an interesting study

I'm 31, tried Minox/Fin/Nizoral 5 years ago when I was 26. On a Norwood scale I'm a variant, I have a small patch of hair in the very front. The rest is receded heavily. No rear baldness. It looks like I'm going to have a full horse shoe balding pattern on top when it's all said and done. When I started the treatment 5 years ago I was just starting to notice I could no longer connect the rest of my hair to the front patch.

In any event, I had amazing results with my first treatment. Grew a ton of hair back. It was really incredible. After about 8 months at 1MG Fin, sides started kicking in. Reduced seminal fluid, watery seminal fluid, some ED.

That was enough for me to say thanks, but no thanks. Sides persisted after treatment about 6 months. After supplementing with zinc (30mg per day) I'm completely normal again. The Zinc played a huge role for me. Pretty much within weeks of taking it I was noticing morning erections as well as an increase in strength and libido. It had been a long time since I had a morning erection.

It's now 5 years later and with the stoppage of treatment I have reverted fast. I still have that patch in front but that has thinned a decent amount. When I pull my hair back (it's black) it becomes very clear just how much I hair I have lost, at least twice as bad as when I starter the first treatment if not worse. I will post pictures, but to describe it, the hair loss consumes the entire front section of my head outside of that small front patch.

Having said that, I do have a lot of Vellus growth in this region, just like I did 5 years ago. Turning a lot of those Vellus hairs Terminal is why I think I responded so well before. Now all that time as passed a lot of new information is out based on efficacy of fin at lower doses. .25 daily, even .25 EOD. I have to say the cost of 1MG per day also played a big role in me stopping treatment. I would have anyway with the sides, but Fin is expensive, and the idea of spending that much money indefinitely was concerning.

I decided last week I was going to jump in one more time and see what happens. The plan is .25 MG per day + Minox Foam (which guys, GUYS, wow, compared to the liquid it's a savior, the liquid application was burning my scalp off). I have already been using the Minox for about 2 months now, I have had some pretty major shedding, but this isn't my first rodeo so I'm cool with it. I would love some Nizoral but that is selling at street drug prices right now so I just can't include that at this point (I just don't find the other Keto based options that strong). I'm also going to continue my Zinc supplement as it did wonder for me in recovering from my sexual sides (try it if you guys have them, but I understand Zinc is hardly the answer for everybody). This will be a very cheap treatment program.

The big questions is, will I be able to avoid the sides this time and how much growth will I see with the reduction of Fin. If sides persist my last attempt will be .25 EOD, as some evidence suggests fin has a binding mechanism that could make it more effective longer then it's half life suggests.

The results should be interesting. I will post starting pictures and the entire journey. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJangles View Post
    I'm 31, tried Minox/Fin/Nizoral 5 years ago when I was 26. On a Norwood scale I'm a variant, I have a small patch of hair in the very front. The rest is receded heavily. No rear baldness. It looks like I'm going to have a full horse shoe balding pattern on top when it's all said and done. When I started the treatment 5 years ago I was just starting to notice I could no longer connect the rest of my hair to the front patch.

In any event, I had amazing results with my first treatment. Grew a ton of hair back. It was really incredible. After about 8 months at 1MG Fin, sides started kicking in. Reduced seminal fluid, watery seminal fluid, some ED.

That was enough for me to say thanks, but no thanks. Sides persisted after treatment about 6 months. After supplementing with zinc (30mg per day) I'm completely normal again. The Zinc played a huge role for me. Pretty much within weeks of taking it I was noticing morning erections as well as an increase in strength and libido. It had been a long time since I had a morning erection.

It's now 5 years later and with the stoppage of treatment I have reverted fast. I still have that patch in front but that has thinned a decent amount. When I pull my hair back (it's black) it becomes very clear just how much I hair I have lost, at least twice as bad as when I starter the first treatment if not worse. I will post pictures, but to describe it, the hair loss consumes the entire front section of my head outside of that small front patch.

Having said that, I do have a lot of Vellus growth in this region, just like I did 5 years ago. Turning a lot of those Vellus hairs Terminal is why I think I responded so well before. Now all that time as passed a lot of new information is out based on efficacy of fin at lower doses. .25 daily, even .25 EOD. I have to say the cost of 1MG per day also played a big role in me stopping treatment. I would have anyway with the sides, but Fin is expensive, and the idea of spending that much money indefinitely was concerning.

I decided last week I was going to jump in one more time and see what happens. The plan is .25 MG per day + Minox Foam (which guys, GUYS, wow, compared to the liquid it's a savior, the liquid application was burning my scalp off). I have already been using the Minox for about 2 months now, I have had some pretty major shedding, but this isn't my first rodeo so I'm cool with it. I would love some Nizoral but that is selling at street drug prices right now so I just can't include that at this point (I just don't find the other Keto based options that strong). I'm also going to continue my Zinc supplement as it did wonder for me in recovering from my sexual sides (try it if you guys have them, but I understand Zinc is hardly the answer for everybody). This will be a very cheap treatment program.

The big questions is, will I be able to avoid the sides this time and how much growth will I see with the reduction of Fin. If sides persist my last attempt will be .25 EOD, as some evidence suggests fin has a binding mechanism that could make it more effective longer then it's half life suggests.

The results should be interesting. I will post starting pictures and the entire journey. Best of luck!
    I myself have been wondering about the .25mg of propecia instead of 1mg of fin.
    I tried 1mg fin every other day and still had sides.
    I just cant see having to reduce the dosage so much and it still working for my hair. At that point I would wonder if I was only taking it for sides.
    Im going to try and find some nizoral and give it a shot with my minox. I can tell you Minox does NOTHING for me but I continue to take it out of basically habit and fear.
    I am going to have to look into a HT until something better comes along. Was thinking of PRP+Acell but dropping a grand plus for a long shot is questionable.

yeah please keep updating!

I have been using .25 to .5 MG every day for about 16 months now, and have had great results, regrowth, thickening of my hair. etc.

I will make sure to keep people updated!

I found some Nizoral which was great, I thought that did a lot for me previously. Ironically it was back on the shelves right about the same day I made the original post.

2 weeks into the addition of fin. .50 MG everyday is what I opted for. So the regimen is Minox foam, twice daily applied when scalp is slightly wet for better absorption. .50MG Fin, once daily. Two applications of Nizoral per week. Between 30-50 MG of zinc daily. Unrelated, I also switched my diet, very high fruit and vegetables now. Would also like to incorporate the Gym. I say unrelated, but I have to think a strong diet and gym routine should help subdue the sides to some extent.

I know last time the sides took awhile to show, but so far no sign of anything 2 weeks in. Had sex recently, everything went normally so was REALLY happy about that. Just need to upload the before pics. I'm sticking with this and will have very high grade photos during the entire process. I really want to document what happens this time around, not for myself but others as well.
    Last edited by MrJangles; 09-22-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: content

Had sex recently, everything went normally so was REALLY happy about that. Just need to upload the before pics.
    Can't wait to see those pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Can't wait to see those pics.
    Walked right into that one...lol

This is day one of .50 Fin, photo was taken 9-14. I have already been on Minox foam for about 2 months. I just started using Nizoral again a couple weeks ago.

The shot is with my hair wet and slicked back. I will take every photo with wet hair slicked back, same lighting, same area. I want the photos and hair to remain as consistent as possible for every picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair Restoration 9-19 001.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	23159  
    Last edited by MrJangles; 09-22-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: content

I wasn't thinking any updates would be in order for several months but it looks like I have added some hair and it's only been about 20 days since I started on the .50 Fin. I have been on Minox for nearly 3 months now. Still no sides to report.

The previous post is the starting picture, it was taken 9-14, same lighting, wet slicked back hair. This photo was just taken tonight 10-3, same location, lighting, and hair conditions but the angle is slightly different.

You be the judge, I think it looks fuller compared to the first picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10-3-2013.jpg

Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	23462  

Wow! Good stuff.

The progress is great.