+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post
    Wow! Good stuff.

The progress is great.
    THANKS!! I was pretty shocked when I saw the photo's. 20 days from fin likely didn't create that. I have been shedding like crazy, more likely, I probably took the first picture during a heavy shed and the second picture as some grew back in. The big question for me is sides and as of right now, I can say I have absolutely zero sides of any kind. Mind you it's been just 20 days, but that's the biggest part. I won't continue if I start to see heavy sexual sides again like I did at 1 MG.

Hell yeah your hair looks fuller. Damn you are responding great!

Just under 1 month in with .50 Fin daily and Nizoral 2 times a week.
    3 1/2 months with Minox Foam.
    30-60 MG Zinc Per Day

Heavy shedding daily, hair is coming in more thick by the week. This photo was just taken today, same conditions as the other photos. Appears thicker vs even 7 days ago. Zero sides. Semen is normal, manhood is normal, he's awake in the morning, all systems go. None of those things were a go the first time around at 1 MG Fin. We know sides can take awhile to show, fingers crossed. Thanks for the positive words, it's very nice to hear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10-10-2013.jpg

Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	23566  

Quote Originally Posted by MrJangles View Post
    Just under 1 month in with .50 Fin daily and Nizoral 2 times a week.
    3 1/2 months with Minox Foam.
    30-60 MG Zinc Per Day

Heavy shedding daily, hair is coming in more thick by the week. This photo was just taken today, same conditions as the other photos. Appears thicker vs even 7 days ago. Zero sides. Semen is normal, manhood is normal, he's awake in the morning, all systems go. None of those things were a go the first time around at 1 MG Fin. We know sides can take awhile to show, fingers crossed. Thanks for the positive words, it's very nice to hear.
    Jangles,
    You have almost the same hair/line as myself.
    Have you considered a HT and if not may I ask why.
    Im in the market and want to make sure tho docs are telling me Im a good candidate Im just not being "sold" a line.

thanks
    good luck, wish I could get back on FIN myself.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Jangles,
    You have almost the same hair/line as myself.
    Have you considered a HT and if not may I ask why.
    Im in the market and want to make sure tho docs are telling me Im a good candidate Im just not being "sold" a line.

thanks
    good luck, wish I could get back on FIN myself.
    Yes, I certainly have considered a HT, long term that has to be the best way to go. That said, a lot of factors when thinking HT. I don't think I'm done losing my hair yet, not by a long stretch, the front part will eventually be completely gone and the back will keep receding at least 2 more inches. So are we talking multiple transplants? My hair is black, while thick in the donor areas, the individual hair is rather fine. From what I have read, my hair color/thickness with pale skin makes HT less effective. I still would like to go that direction eventually, but for the time being, finances forced my hand. My hair line had reached critical mass : ) I felt if I didn't do something now I would be relegated to HT only options. I just can't swing a HT right now, so I'm hoping the reduced dose of fin and other treatment will hinder the sides and give me some growth. I actually think I can grow a large % of what's missing back. I mean it depends on how different the result is from 1 MG vs .50 MG, but before, I responded extremely well, problem was I got that response with the sides.

Let me know how things go with a potential HT, I think for our hair line it can work, but I would plan the HT as if you were full horse shoe bald, because that's clearly where this is heading. I forget what they call that on the Norwood Scale, but eventually my front patch will fall out, the back will keep regressing further. When I do a HT, even if I have my front intact a little, I want to be very clear to the surgeon how the HT will look as my balding progresses. I certainly don't expect a miracle, but if I can do a HT one day, drop all meds and have some semblance of a hair line, I will be a very happy man.

Yes, I certainly have considered a HT, long term that has to be the best way to go. That said, a lot of factors when thinking HT. I don't think I'm done losing my hair yet, not by a long stretch, the front part will eventually be completely gone and the back will keep receding at least 2 more inches. So are we talking multiple transplants? My hair is black, while thick in the donor areas, the individual hair is rather fine. From what I have read, my hair color/thickness with pale skin makes HT less effective. I still would like to go that direction eventually, but for the time being, finances forced my hand. My hair line had reached critical mass : ) I felt if I didn't do something now I would be relegated to HT only options. I just can't swing a HT right now, so I'm hoping the reduced dose of fin and other treatment will hinder the sides and give me some growth. I actually think I can grow a large % of what's missing back. I mean it depends on how different the result is from 1 MG vs .50 MG, but before, I responded extremely well, problem was I got that response with the sides.

Let me know how things go with a potential HT, I think for our hair line it can work, but I would plan the HT as if you were full horse shoe bald, because that's clearly where this is heading. I forget what they call that on the Norwood Scale, but eventually my front patch will fall out, the back will keep regressing further. When I do a HT, even if I have my front intact a little, I want to be very clear to the surgeon how the HT will look as my balding progresses. I certainly don't expect a miracle, but if I can do a HT one day, drop all meds and have some semblance of a hair line, I will be a very happy man.
    cool man best luck.

Personally I want to start now. Im honestly a little better off than yours ATM so I want to go in for a few now so I wont go from stark bald to full head of hair overnight and healing will be easier. Plus all my consults said that starting now makes it easier to follow my natural hairline making it look better.

Have you been on any consults? I thought my hair was fine as well but through the magnification they actually showed me otherwise. I was told by them all my donor area was actually quite thick, dense and each follicle had multiple hairs coming out.

cool man best luck.

Personally I want to start now. Im honestly a little better off than yours ATM so I want to go in for a few now so I wont go from stark bald to full head of hair overnight and healing will be easier. Plus all my consults said that starting now makes it easier to follow my natural hairline making it look better.

Have you been on any consults? I thought my hair was fine as well but through the magnification they actually showed me otherwise. I was told by them all my donor area was actually quite thick, dense and each follicle had multiple hairs coming out.
    Good for you, I wish you the best of luck!

I wish I started earlier. It was sort of denial until my mid 20's, great results with treatments, but not willing to take on the sides. I sort of gave up, but man, I just feel like I'm looking at a completely different person in the mirror these days. Just not somebody who can pull off a bald look at all.

So I'm on round two of treatment, dialed down and with some benefits of Zinc that I previously didn't try and still side free, but with an understanding that sides can take forever to show. Most encouraging thing I'm seeing is the soldiers are still looking normal. That's when I knew beyond any doubt I had sides before. Semen basically looked like water. Still very normal looking, everything is still very normal.

I'm not a doc, but I have done a lot of reading and I think part of the problem is an increase of estrogen in the body while on fin. Certainly sides aren't that simple, but Zinc in the dose I'm taking essentially blocks excessive conversion to estrogen, at least so I have read and again, this is a very rudimentary opinion. It just worked so well in recovering and has done the job so far, I'm going to bow to Zinc until it shows otherwise.

Eventually I will get the transplant. Hoping this will buy me a few years.

Just under 2 months in with .50 Fin daily and Nizoral 2 times a week
    4 1/2 months with Minox Foam.
    30-60 MG Zinc Per Day

Shedding persists, but screw it. Look at this, 2 months on .50 Fin, CLEARLY from the initial photo it's already a substantial improvement. Getting really excited as I know the last time around I saw the big gains toward the one year mark. As for shedding, embrace it guys. It's just logical, new, larger hair can't grow in your hairs existing root. The shedding and growth phases are what gives you thicker hair. Thicker hair can't grow in unless the old weaker hair falls out. This process repeats over and over and thicker hairs grow in. So I say embrace the shed as I feel it a sign of someone who will respond well (yes I know it's scary as heck at first).

Bad news, I saw my first sign of a symptom. Remember from my earlier posts, I have been on Fin before at 1 MG and got sides pretty bad. In any event the bade news really isn't bad news. Little watery semen, not even every time. Just noticed it look like the last time around on fin right about last week. So just under 2 months for that to show. No problems with anything else. Manhood works fine, no other sexual sides. I don't care if my semen turns into water so long as I grow hair and my junk works, so full steam ahead!

Here is the latest photo, taken 11/3, I also have shorter hair here, but it can be hard to tell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11-3-2013.jpg

Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	23818  

Just under 2 months in with .50 Fin daily and Nizoral 2 times a week
    4 1/2 months with Minox Foam.
    30-60 MG Zinc Per Day

Shedding persists, but screw it. Look at this, 2 months on .50 Fin, CLEARLY from the initial photo it's already a substantial improvement. Getting really excited as I know the last time around I saw the big gains toward the one year mark. As for shedding, embrace it guys. It's just logical, new, larger hair can't grow in your hairs existing root. The shedding and growth phases are what gives you thicker hair. Thicker hair can't grow in unless the old weaker hair falls out. This process repeats over and over and thicker hairs grow in. So I say embrace the shed as I feel it a sign of someone who will respond well (yes I know it's scary as heck at first).

Bad news, I saw my first sign of a symptom. Remember from my earlier posts, I have been on Fin before at 1 MG and got sides pretty bad. In any event the bade news really isn't bad news. Little watery semen, not even every time. Just noticed it look like the last time around on fin right about last week. So just under 2 months for that to show. No problems with anything else. Manhood works fine, no other sexual sides. I don't care if my semen turns into water so long as I grow hair and my junk works, so full steam ahead!

Here is the latest photo, taken 11/3, I also have shorter hair here, but it can be hard to tell.
    cool man keep it up, good luck.

I started shedding like CRAZY the instant I strted NIZ so Im hoping some thicker nicer hairs are on their way and Im not totally screwed.

cool man keep it up, good luck.

I started shedding like CRAZY the instant I strted NIZ so Im hoping some thicker nicer hairs are on their way and Im not totally screwed.
    Thanks!

It's scary but I wouldn't worry. Niz is gold. You will never notice a hair shed for a dead follicle. You don't see the hair at it's final stage, it becomes so miniaturized it just shrinks into nothing. What you're shedding you will at the very least grow back. Likely, you will grow back a thicker more mature follicle. The shedding is a necessary process to make room for a thicker larger follicle. But again, rest assured, the hair you're seeing will certainly grow back.