+ Reply to Thread

Default 22 and a bit thin

Hi all, im new here. I have recently noticed that my hair is very thin at the crown and im receding ever so slightly. i dont really know how bad it is but im 22 and i think it i probably shouldnt be as bad as it is. i have uploaded a couple of pics, i havnt used any treatment yet but really want to start quickly because im getting a bit down about it. i havnt been to my GP because i dont have much time, but i went into a local chinese medical shop and they offered me something called hair tonic 101G, anyone used it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	22724   Click image for larger version

Name:	webcam-toy-photo4.jpg

Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	22725  

Hey bro! Try not to fret It's not looking bad. I would suggest to do some research and see how important is your hair loss to you. There's plenty of things you can take to fight it. Like always there's the Big 3 (Minox, Finasteride, and Nizoral). If you have the $$ for it and are desperate to take action and are not worried about the side effects, hit you hair loss hard with these bad boys. Wish you the best of luck amigo!

Don't waste too much time using experimental stuff that most likely will not work. You are young and your hair isn't too bad at this point. You want to hit this hard while you still have good hair. There are only a hand full of proven treatments. Use those.

Thanks for your replys lads it is much appreciated. do you have a link with info on the side effects of those products. Im glad it isnt too bad coz it was starting to get me abit down to be honest.

thanks again

Do yourself a favor and don't use the internet to look up sides on anything, especially finasteride. I am not saying not to educate yourself, but if you are considering fin, talk to your doctor. I made the mistake of checking online for sides, but luckily I just said screw it and gave it a try. Glad I did. Many others either get scared away or guarantee sides by over thinking about using fin.

Quote Originally Posted by manclad View Post
    i havnt been to my GP because i dont have much time, but i went into a local chinese medical shop and they offered me something called hair tonic 101G
    It doesn't matter how much time it takes, just get to the GP and ask him for some finasteride. If you have any side effects, come off the drug right away. But the only thing you're doing with your time, when you go to some Chinese medicine shop, is wasting it.

It might just be the lighting (and the pictures are pretty poor quality), but you seem to have a small bald patch appearing at the back, and there is an island of hair developing within a sea of mild baldness at the front. I don't want to make you worry, but I'm just saying it like it is. My family/friends etc tried to save my feelings, and all it's done is make my baldness worse before seeking treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by billybong View Post
    But the only thing you're doing with your time, when you go to some Chinese medicine shop, is wasting it.

I don't want to make you worry, but I'm just saying it like it is. My family/friends etc tried to save my feelings, and all it's done is make my baldness worse before seeking treatment.
    Sometimes honesty hurts but is totally necessary.

Time is of the essence. Don't waste too much of it like I did. If I would have started the battle against hair loss at your age instead of 3 1/2 months ago, I would be in much better shape.

Thanks for your advise guys, i think i will have to make a trip to my doc. does the medication just put off the balding or does it actually reduce it over your lifetime.

It all depends on the person who is using it. You can be a great responder to the drug and not only grow hair back, but hold onto what you have for many years. For some though it might just slow it down a bit. You will really not know till you give it a try.