+ Reply to Thread

Default 17 years old, is this the start of MPD?

I'm guessing it's the beginning of MPD, just wanted some advice of what I can do in the future to help prevent it, or embrace it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_063122.jpg

Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	22723  

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla90 View Post
    I'm guessing it's the beginning of MPD, just wanted some advice of what I can do in the future to help prevent it, or embrace it.
    Welcome to the forum vanella90. It's hard to tell if what you are seeing is the start of MPB or not. It does look like you might have some slight recession, but some guys your age can see this and it stabilizes into what's known as a mature hairline.

Best thing to do is to speak to a dermatologist who understands hair loss. If you are diagnosed with MPB stick with what is medically proven to work and only use treatment under a doctor's supervision.

Keep an eye on it. Looking back at it, I started losing my hair at your age. I am 36 now.

I would go to an IAHRS approved hair doctor and get you hair mapped for miniaturization. They can tell whether the hair on the top of your head is thinning, relative to the permanent zone on the sides of your head.

It may not be detectable at this point but the process of hair loss may be underway, although you may not be able to see it with the naked eye.

The concept of a "mature hairline" actually led me astray. While there is such a thing, the idea of a mature hairline may keep young men from MPB from starting treatment since they may be anticipating that their hair loss will stop at some point and just become a mature hairline. The problem is that quite often, it doesn't stop, and then you are just balding and you haven't taken action on time and you've lost precious ground (and hair).

I would say...basically speaking, once your hair loss advances becomes an NW 3 and youve reached a stage where you think hair loss has just gone too far, it is time to break out the guns and get on Rogaine and Propecia. It works for 90% of men if you catch the hair loss early enough. Like many diseases, early detection and treatment is the key.

Thanks for the replies guys, I will give it a year and compare it to pictures I've taken now.

It possibly could but your too young to worry right now

Too young to worry but not too young to just keep an eye on it in a healthy kind of way.

I am 36 and have had very good success with Rogaine / Propecia. But again, looking back at it...it was about 16/17 when my hair loss had just just started. It was a super slow process, taking about 15 years to get the point where it was really noticeable, but looking back, that is when it started.

So just keep an eye on it and realize that some receding of the hairline / a mature hairline is normal in many men and does not mean thing will proceed to significant hair loss. But also do note that MPB is NOT rare, lots of men get it.

But finally, also do note that there are very effective treatments that give you a 90% of keeping your hair throughout your younger years, after MPB sets in. So lets say you notice significant hair loss by the age of 25. With Rogaine and Propecia, it is probably safe to say that you will be able to halt your hair loss at that level for about 15 years, say until the age of 40. And if you are a responder to these medications as 90% of men are, then you have a 50% chance of regrowing some of that lost hair.

So no, don't worry, have fun and enjoy life. But I always believe that it is best to be educated about this as well as other health matters.

Take care!

Macster

You indeed have Male Pattern Donaldness. I suggest you use Mickeynoxidil as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You indeed have Male Pattern Donaldness. I suggest you use Mickeynoxidil as soon as possible.
    Indeed he does. But mickeynoxidil won't stop Donaldness, so the dreadstarter should darget dem donalddesdosderone which causes donaldness and use finasteride to reduce dem donalddesderone dirculating in da blood by inhibiding alpha reducdase and as a resuld less desdosderone gets converded to da donalddesderone. Uldimadely sdopping donaldness in ids dracks.

^_^

just get on finasteride that will pretty much be the cure for you.

Got some better pictures, but you're right not something to obsess over right now.