+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia increased estrogen levels cancer weight gain

Propecia increased estrogen levels cancer weight gain just wondering if its safe to take propecia and have high estrogen levels and cancer forming from that?

Does any body know how dangerous the increased estrogen is ?

Use words in a logically structured sentence to define your ideas and maybe someone can respond.

Estrogen is a female hormone, and among other duties he is responsible for the texture of the skin of the woman.

In these pictures you can see the effect it causes when a man takes the hormone. Man takes this hormone for 14 months. This guy was well before using the drug:

Yes, finasteride can increase estrogen in the body.

no fin does not !!!
    that is so stupid

I think everyone who can read, understood what I said.

I did not say that Finasteride does so, said a high estrogen does. And yes Finasteride increases the% of estrogen in the system.

Estrogen is not solely a female hormone it's present in both men and women. There has been extensive studies done on the link between elevated estrogen levels from hormone therapy and cancer. Many studies have found an increase in breast and ovarian cancer in patients on estrogen therapy, while other studies have not found any link. I have not looked into the linkage very much, however one of my professors is a cancer researcher and he focuses almost exclusively on breast cancer. He actually spent a few years in Singapore researching the link between elevated estrogen levels and breast cancer, and him and his team found a very weak link.

Finasteride is never going to increase you estrogen levels to anywhere near the point where it would change you into a woman like the pics JulioGP posted, and frankly I think it's stupid to even post those pics in this topic as it seems a bit like fear mongering. That man was on hormone therapy to change into a woman. Fin can cause a slight increase in estrogen levels to to the body compensating to an increase in free testosterone because it is not being converted into DHT. The most that is going to do is cause gyno and an increase in fat stored in the midsection, it is NEVER going to turn you into a woman.

Recently I started to notice the formation of mild gyno, which I suspect is from an increase in estrogen levels from fin. I am leaving in week and will be out of the country for a few months, however when I get back I am going to see a very good internist to get my hormone levels tested and find out what we can do to get my estrogen levels sorted out if it does prove that they are higher than they should be. My advice to anyone on fin experiencing the same issues I am is to go see a very good internist or endocrinologist and get tested and see what can be done if there is an imbalance.

Gyno is caused by excess estrogen. The example I gave was in a condition of excess estrogen.

People are becoming more stupid, thinking that side effects such as gyno, testicular pain, testicular atrophy, loss of erection and a number of serious side effects caused by Finasteride, are NORMAL.

Many are considering keeping the hair more important than any other factor in life, to me that's stupid.

Of course, if when using a drug which reduces by 70% or more of your DHT or any other hormone, it will be complications short term or long term.

There is nothing more simple to understand, just do not want to believe anyone is stupid enough to give more importance to the hair than to health.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Estrogen is a female hormone, and among other duties he is responsible for the texture of the skin of the woman.

In these pictures you can see the effect it causes when a man takes the hormone. Man takes this hormone for 14 months. This guy was well before using the drug:

Yes, finasteride can increase estrogen in the body.
    Feminizing surgery is obvious. Plus he had his eyebrows done.

Cancer treatment can be a difficult and challenging journey for both the patient and their loved ones. It's important to have a strong support system in place to help manage the physical and emotional toll of cancer treatment. This may involve seeking support from friends and family, participating in support groups, or working with a therapist or counselor with dichloroacetate supplement . By taking care of both the physical and emotional aspects of cancer treatment, patients can improve their overall quality of life and increase their chances of successful treatment outcomes.