+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride journey

After years of debating whether to get on fin I finally decided to take the leap. I began taking the medication about three weeks ago. I am taking 1mg finpecia, and so far I have not experienced any side effects. Although everything is going well I have some questions. First, do you suggest taking only fin., without adding any other products to the mix (e.g. minox., or nizoral)? Also, if I have positive results from the treatment, how long will they last? Will the treatment eventually lose its efficacy?

To give you all some background information, I am 29 years old and began balding at around 20. I currently classify myself as a norwood 3. In the past I gave minoxidil a try, but became frustrated with the application process; also I'm a college student and the cost of rogaine was too high for my budget. I have now learned about generic minox., but am not sure if I should get on it before seeing what fin. can do for me on its own.

I understand this is still very early in my journey against hair loss. I am just seeking to become better educated in relation to the process of halting hair loss and hopefully regrow some hair in the process. I look forward
    to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
    First, do you suggest taking only fin., without adding any other products to the mix (e.g. minox., or nizoral)?
    Depends if you're willing to apply the treatments consistently. With minox, you're looking at 1-2 applications a day for the rest of your life. But I would recommend it if you really want to keep your hair. Might as well go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
    Also, if I have positive results from the treatment, how long will they last? Will the treatment eventually lose its efficacy?
    Everyone's different. At the end of the day you just need to commit to treatment and hope for the best.

Thank you Big Thinker!

Further down the line (after having seen the results of Finasteride) you should definitely think about combining Finasteride with Minoxidil. It appears to be much more efficient than usage of one of them on their own.