+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Balding Brotherhood

Guys, I'm exhausted from this disease. There is not a minute that goes by upon waking until the minute that my eyes fall shut asleep, that I do not think about my hair loss. I'm just so, so tired.

One thing that has come as a result of this disease is that I feel a strong sense of connection with every single man who is suffering with this and when I meet them in real life it is like we already have a bond. It is as if we are part of a fellowship, whose membership requires living through this hell.

I met a new student at my university today. He was a NW3 with diffuse thinning and a combover. Upon meeting no words needed to be said. We shook hands and I could see in his eyes, that he was also calculating my Norwood status like the trained hawks that we have become. One look was all that was required to become friends as we were already part of the dreaded balding brotherhood.

All of you guys here are my bros. I cannot talk about this to anyone in real life. When I read your posts, I take solace in the knowledge that I am not alone. I feel a strong sense of connection with all of you. I know that you guys are living through what I am and experiencing the pain I am experiencing.

It just makes living a bit easier.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Adam K - "All of you guys here are my bros." -is CORRECT! We will all beat this together one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    I cannot talk about this to anyone in real life.
    I completely agree with you here. I have never talked to anyone, besides my doctor, about hair loss..until I came here. It was so nice to get some things off of my chest that I wouldn't have talked about otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    Guys, I'm exhausted from this disease. There is not a minute that goes by upon waking until the minute that my eyes fall shut asleep, that I do not think about my hair loss. I'm just so, so tired.

One thing that has come as a result of this disease is that I feel a strong sense of connection with every single man who is suffering with this and when I meet them in real life it is like we already have a bond. It is as if we are part of a fellowship, whose membership requires living through this hell.

I met a new student at my university today. He was a NW3 with diffuse thinning and a combover. Upon meeting no words needed to be said. We shook hands and I could see in his eyes, that he was also calculating my Norwood status like the trained hawks that we have become. One look was all that was required to become friends as we were already part of the dreaded balding brotherhood.

All of you guys here are my bros. I cannot talk about this to anyone in real life. When I read your posts, I take solace in the knowledge that I am not alone. I feel a strong sense of connection with all of you. I know that you guys are living through what I am and experiencing the pain I am experiencing.

It just makes living a bit easier.
    Man this is so true, i'm the same. It's unhealthy, I know, but it's very difficult not to think about it. Especially when there's people who will comment and remind you you're going bald, like if you don't see yourself in the mirror everyday and have to wake up with this disease. They have to remind you about it. Because of course, we remind fat people "Hey bro, I think you're going fat", or short people "Damn, bro, you're short", or some one with a lot of pimples on their face "Hey, you have a lot of pimples on your face", I can go on and on. No, really? I'm going bald? Tell me more, Christopher Columbus!

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Man this is so true, i'm the same. It's unhealthy, I know, but it's very difficult not to think about it. Especially when there's people who will comment and remind you you're going bald, like if you don't see yourself in the mirror everyday and have to wake up with this disease. They have to remind you about it. Because of course, we remind fat people "Hey bro, I think you're going fat", or short people "Damn, bro, you're short", or some one with a lot of pimples on their face "Hey, you have a lot of pimples on your face", I can go on and on. No, really? I'm going bald? Tell me more, Christopher Columbus!
    This is so true. I'm 38 and started to recede when I was eighteen, but it was easy to hide because I had thick hair, but I had one friend in particular who use to always make fun of my friends in public who were obviously losing their hair, which is something I wouldn't ever dream of doing. But the funny thing is now he is starting to lose his hair, so I find a small bit of satisfaction in that.

I used to enjoy falling asleep as my dreams used to be a temporary respite from thinking about this disease. However recently even my dreams are no longer a safe haven. My problems have followed me into my dreams now. Just last night I dreamt I met Artista and we were discussing hairloss.

This morning I was feeling okay and then I took a picture of my scalp. Upon seeing the image I have been in a deep, dark depression. I think I am going to stop taking images of my scalp now, to keep my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This is so true. I'm 38 and started to recede when I was eighteen, but it was easy to hide because I had thick hair, but I had one friend in particular who use to always make fun of my friends in public who were obviously losing their hair, which is something I wouldn't ever dream of doing. But the funny thing is now he is starting to lose his hair, so I find a small bit of satisfaction in that.
    I have a buddy who makes fun of balding women, which bothers me big time. Kid has got-tier thickness/NW0 and could never understand ho horrible balding is - and I assume it's way worse for women.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I have a buddy who makes fun of balding women, which bothers me big time. Kid has got-tier thickness/NW0 and could never understand ho horrible balding is - and I assume it's way worse for women.
    That guy sounds like a real jerk! Let's see how funny it is if it happens to his wife or sister.

I am with you guys. Nice to be a part of a positive group of people.
    Special thanks to Artista, as I have enjoyed your comments and call-ins on the show.

I keep thinking one day there will be a cure, whether it be a combo of surgery, topicals, etc., or a one step treatment.

I envision all of us at a "wrap party" drinking champagne and smoking cigars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post
    I am with you guys. Nice to be a part of a positive group of people.
    Special thanks to Artista, as I have enjoyed your comments and call-ins on the show.

I keep thinking one day there will be a cure, whether it be a combo of surgery, topicals, etc., or a one step treatment.

I envision all of us at a "wrap party" drinking champagne and smoking cigars!!!
    I like the idea of the wrap party! Artista is a real positive force on this forum. We need more uplifting, level headed people like him around here.