Threaded View

Default The Balding Brotherhood

Guys, I'm exhausted from this disease. There is not a minute that goes by upon waking until the minute that my eyes fall shut asleep, that I do not think about my hair loss. I'm just so, so tired.

One thing that has come as a result of this disease is that I feel a strong sense of connection with every single man who is suffering with this and when I meet them in real life it is like we already have a bond. It is as if we are part of a fellowship, whose membership requires living through this hell.

I met a new student at my university today. He was a NW3 with diffuse thinning and a combover. Upon meeting no words needed to be said. We shook hands and I could see in his eyes, that he was also calculating my Norwood status like the trained hawks that we have become. One look was all that was required to become friends as we were already part of the dreaded balding brotherhood.

All of you guys here are my bros. I cannot talk about this to anyone in real life. When I read your posts, I take solace in the knowledge that I am not alone. I feel a strong sense of connection with all of you. I know that you guys are living through what I am and experiencing the pain I am experiencing.

It just makes living a bit easier.