+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    But the funny thing is now he is starting to lose his hair, so I find a small bit of satisfaction in that.
    Let's hope this will serve as a lesson to him.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hello my brothers,
    I very much appreciate the positive words here! Thank you so much for the inspiring words,
    Im so glad that I may be helping out at least in small steps.
    What I try to do is to focus on topics and issues here using common-sense and a bit of optimism. The optimism that I speak of is based upon factual data and anecdotal evidence that has been coming our way.
    Not by merely well-wishing or by speculating.
    I do feel for you younger guys (and women) who have suffered early from hair loss.
    I have my ups and downs just like the rest of you.
    Progress is what it is but hang tight my friends. Good days are ahead and thats a fact.
    Hey in recent past, I have seriously considered eventually putting together a regional 'meet and greet' some time in the future.
    Who knows, we may be able to have a 'Wrap Party' in celebration one day!!
    Adam K., once my wife and I come out to England we will have to set up a time and place to chat..that would be cool..Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I have a buddy who makes fun of balding women, which bothers me big time. Kid has got-tier thickness/NW0 and could never understand ho horrible balding is - and I assume it's way worse for women.
    I would honestly punch him in the mouth. Someone who does that needs a good punch in the mouth, not an ass kicking, just one good hit to tell him to smarten the **** up and act like a human being.

I know a girl who's rapidly thinning and though I would never say anything I can see it destroying her on the inside. And as much as my hair loss has ****ed with me, caused me to be depressed for a time and even made me try out propecia(and quit eventually) I would give up the year I have with a passable hairline right now and go slick bald if it would cure her hair loss.

I don't know about you guys, but IRL I often get along great with younger balding guys (20-somethings and early 30's), but seem to get terrible vibes from older guys. (40-50's)

At my job for instance there are these two guys; one is about 25 and a rather advanced balding brother (diffuse thinner myself so I don't know the Norwood scales), the other is about 31 and slick bald. I don't really talk to them that much or even know them that well since they work at another office. But everytime we come in contact or meet each other in the elevator it's like we've been friends for years. It's like that look of recognition the OP was talking about. It's hard to explain, but it does give a feeling of brotherhood.

On the other hand, I seem to get the exact opposite vibe when I meet like the older 40-50 guys who just started developing 'the monk-haircut' at the back of their head. They ussually appear rather grumpy or displeased by me. It's like look of my hair is a mirror to them or something and they're still in denial.

Don't know if anybody experiences the same.