+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by B Jensen View Post
    I don't know anything about RU 58841 but I have high hopes for CB. That being said, I had high hopes for Histogen as well but they certainly haven't met expectations from what I have seen yet.

Also, I don't believe in the whole pharmaceutical conspiracy. While I certainly agree that some in the industry are unethical to some extent, I doubt that they are actually preventing a hair loss cure from reaching the market. Fin was discovered to cure hair loss when it was being tested for something else (prostate cancer I think). Fin is the best hair loss med on the market except for dut (which from what I understand is basically just much stronger fin) and we didn't even develop it for hair loss! I think this just goes to show how hard it is to treat a genetic disorder.

It seems to me that the only way we will achieve a "cure" for MPB is by addressing the issue in a genetic manner and the earliest estimates I hear for being able to do this are 8-10 years away. That being said, I think in the near future (within 5 years) we should have some new treatments (hist, cb, pgd2, etc) that should at the very least slow MPB down to almost a standstill if not halt it completely.
    Guh?

Can you name me another company that's had two successful clinical trials?

Didnt think so....

Quote Originally Posted by yan View Post
    If CB works, then yes. Unfortunately not for all (>NW4).
    why if it work ? I thought it worked wonder ?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Guh?

Can you name me another company that's had two successful clinical trials?

Didnt think so....
    That wasn't quite what I meant. I phrased it poorly.

I was referring to Histogen not being the treatment some people imagined. Verver posted that baldness may be a thing of the past when CB comes out. In 2012 some people (myself included) believed that baldness would be a thing of the past (for NW<4 or so) when Histogen came out. This doesn't look to be the case with Histogen (although it will likely still be an improved treatment over what we have now) and it may very well be the case when CB comes out as well.

This was an unrealistic belief to have in the first place though. If you don't have realistic expectations when it comes to hair loss, you are just going to end up disappointed for a long time. Once again, I have high hopes for CB and perhaps it will make baldness a thing of the past when it comes out. But more realistically, I think that it will just be another treatment, which is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by B Jensen View Post
    That wasn't quite what I meant. I phrased it poorly.

I was referring to Histogen not being the treatment some people imagined. Verver posted that baldness may be a thing of the past when CB comes out. In 2012 some people (myself included) believed that baldness would be a thing of the past (for NW<4 or so) when Histogen came out. This doesn't look to be the case with Histogen (although it will likely still be an improved treatment over what we have now) and it may very well be the case when CB comes out as well.

This was an unrealistic belief to have in the first place though. If you don't have realistic expectations when it comes to hair loss, you are just going to end up disappointed for a long time. Once again, I have high hopes for CB and perhaps it will make baldness a thing of the past when it comes out. But more realistically, I think that it will just be another treatment, which is a good thing!
    is it true that you only have to use it once a week ?
    what are the result of the people who are using it actualy ?

Quote Originally Posted by verver View Post
    is it true that you only have to use it once a week ?
    what are the result of the people who are using it actualy ?
    It will most likely be a once a day treatment.

The problem is the vehicle. People are currently experimenting different vehicles. Cosmo tested CB via iontophoresis, which gave incredible results (40 - 50&#37; more hairs), but we cant use it this way.
    In early 2015, cosmo will finish proof of concept (phase 2a) for CB. So by then we will know for sure how great CB is as a topical.

The wait for CB is torture knowing how bad the alternatives are. CB is where my hopes are if it lives up to the hype it will be a game changer. People often forget how important just prevention really is if CB can stop the MPB process and if stops androgens then no reason it shouldnt. We know castration stops MPB completely and forever.

Even with fin, a lot of people keep their hair forever. My neighbor takes fin since 13 years, full head of hair. His brother is bald.

Fin blocks only about 65% of your dht. CB will block even more dht + testo.

Lets hope it works as good as promised.

Default CB

Can one of y'all post a link for further reading on this "CB" stuff?