+ Reply to Thread

Default Couple questions

I posted a while back, i had a sudden onset of hairloss now 2 years ago. I noticed it during one week, actually my mom mentioned the bathroom was covered in hair. I was super stressed out, crying and stuff had a difficult 2 year period. That was around halfway through it. That didnt end for another 1.5 years afterward, so basically been through hell in the last 3.5 years, new jobs, moving etc. I was also lifting weights 3 times a week and taking creatine and no-explode as well as whey protein. My scalp was itching really bad at the time and its went away. Also noticed almost 0 hairfall in the last year and a half. Anyway late last year and it lasted for a few months i was getting very cold hands. I kept complaining to my mom about it and i started wearing gloves indoors. My hands were freezing and no matter what they wouldnt get warm. I started getting slight mood swings, were i would be very angry very rapidly for no reason. Almost like an over reaction. And then a few months later it was opposite during the night it was like i was boiling hot and my temper was all over the place. One night this summer i was home alone and it was like suddenly i went from 0-100 in a moment and i was pissed for no reason like very very very angry. I started looking into it and reading about the connection of thyroid and hairloss. I have a very diffuse pattern, almost like a perfect hairline, slight recession, but it looks like every other hair is missing. And the texture is different in different places. Also i watched doctor oz and did the thyroid check and i definatley have a largish bump below my adams apple and it moves quite noticeably when i swallow water. My theory is my hairloss is very likely connected to this growth and perhaps the moodswings and everything. Its called a goiter. Anyway now im taking a multi with iodine and it seems the moodswings are gone although the growth is still there. Its definatley not normal size, no one else in my family has one. Am i onto something or could it be nothing? I have no health insurance so i would have to pay out of pocket

theres receded hairlines in my family no baldness except one person on my mothers side
    The bump is almost like a 2nd adams apple just wider

Doctor Representative

Quote Originally Posted by guygroomes12 View Post
    I posted a while back, i had a sudden onset of hairloss now 2 years ago. I noticed it during one week, actually my mom mentioned the bathroom was covered in hair. I was super stressed out, crying and stuff had a difficult 2 year period. That was around halfway through it. That didnt end for another 1.5 years afterward, so basically been through hell in the last 3.5 years, new jobs, moving etc. I was also lifting weights 3 times a week and taking creatine and no-explode as well as whey protein. My scalp was itching really bad at the time and its went away. Also noticed almost 0 hairfall in the last year and a half. Anyway late last year and it lasted for a few months i was getting very cold hands. I kept complaining to my mom about it and i started wearing gloves indoors. My hands were freezing and no matter what they wouldnt get warm. I started getting slight mood swings, were i would be very angry very rapidly for no reason. Almost like an over reaction. And then a few months later it was opposite during the night it was like i was boiling hot and my temper was all over the place. One night this summer i was home alone and it was like suddenly i went from 0-100 in a moment and i was pissed for no reason like very very very angry. I started looking into it and reading about the connection of thyroid and hairloss. I have a very diffuse pattern, almost like a perfect hairline, slight recession, but it looks like every other hair is missing. And the texture is different in different places. Also i watched doctor oz and did the thyroid check and i definatley have a largish bump below my adams apple and it moves quite noticeably when i swallow water. My theory is my hairloss is very likely connected to this growth and perhaps the moodswings and everything. Its called a goiter. Anyway now im taking a multi with iodine and it seems the moodswings are gone although the growth is still there. Its definatley not normal size, no one else in my family has one. Am i onto something or could it be nothing? I have no health insurance so i would have to pay out of pocket

I understand that you have no health insurance, but I believe that the best thing to do would be to see a doctor and get a test done to see if your thyroid levels are normal/anything else out-of-wack/if you have any deficiencies. It's hard to determine your own personal needs through researching on the internet and can be quite frustrating. Let me ask you...do you drink tap water or filtered water that removes fluoride and chlorine?

Why I ask is because Fluoride can really mess up your pineal glands (hormone production) and can suppress your thyroid. (People with hyper active thyroids used to take baths in fluoride water to bring their levels down to normal.)

I really hope you find some answers.

Auraria works at Dr. Cole's office

Cole Hair Transplant

1070 Powers Place

Alpharetta, Georgia 30009

Phone 678-566-1011
    Last edited by Auraria; 02-24-2015 at 01:01 PM.