+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hellouser put it very nicely, he is like the new Joe from Staten Island.

1) People don't give a shit about finding a cure
    2) Bald Truth Talk members prefer to fight over small potatoes like Gho rather than tackling greater solutions
    3) Follica is in Phase II trials. Hopefully they can release something in 2-3 years without FDA screwing them over or funding being an issue.
    4) Histogen needs Phase IIb trials finished before they can move onto a release in asia, that won't happen until 2015 at the earliest.
    5) Replicel is planning an asian release in 2015. Its possible but like all other things as history repeats itself, probably won't happen and also in part from the fact that nobody REALLY cares to see that happen.
    6) Dr. Lauster needs to seriously be whipped into shape and told to hurry up as he's got a working cure. I sure as hell hope he's gone through Phase I clinical trials AT LEAST in the three years that have passed since he announced he created artificial hair.
    7) Pilofocus, unless it has regeneration its nothing to be really excited about unless donor hair can be harvest from legs, chest, etc without Dr. Umar's fvcking retarded price of 8 dollars per graft (THE FVCK?!)
    8) Dr. Nigam... well, this guy has had a full year to show us an NW6 go down to NW2 with his hair doubling technique but has shown JACK SHIT since. Until he shows CREDIBLE EVIDENCE with someone verifying his methods actually working, he's out of the picture.
    9) Aderans... a company that is the epitome of incompetence. 10+ years to get to Phase 2 trials only to have funding pulled from them without an immediate backup plan to continue the research? Morons, the whole lot of them.

And lastly....

Community driven experiments. I really believe everything in our power should be done to try and emulate Follica's procedure so we can cure OURSELVES. Because despite hair loss sufferers being so fvcking delusional, NOBODY is going to help us except those with enough initiative to do something about it themselves. Which really illustrates how god damn lazy people are to even SUPPORT a crowdfunding initiative. Have fun balding.

Do you think we can emulate Follica's wounding and what do we use besides dernoroling !?

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Do you think we can emulate Follica's wounding and what do we use besides dernoroling !?
    There is nothing special about wounding, it just needs to be a hole made deep enough. That is where innovation takes place, we need to find new devices that might be good for this. The dermaroller is a good start but we might need to make deeper trauma like 2.0mm or maybe 2.5mm deep.
    Then comes the time frame of wounding recover where we should be able to add growth factors in order to be able to tell the cells to produce new follicles instead of skin. So far we know that we can use Minox, but we are looking into other things that might do this. You can try something else and contribute, this is not a perfect controlled experiment by any means, but it's the best that we have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    There is nothing special about wounding, it just needs to be a hole made deep enough. That is where innovation takes place, we need to find new devices that might be good for this. The dermaroller is a good start but we might need to make deeper trauma like 2.0mm or maybe 2.5mm deep.
    Then comes the time frame of wounding recover where we should be able to add growth factors in order to be able to tell the cells to produce new follicles instead of skin. So far we know that we can use Minox, but we are looking into other things that might do this. You can try something else and contribute, this is not a perfect controlled experiment by any means, but it's the best that we have so far.
    Somones gotta take the plunge and wound their scalp while injecting FGF-9.

How do you know follica is on phase II???

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    How do you know follica is on phase II???
    http://www.puretechventures.com/pipeline.php

Also confirmed by Joe From Staten Island and Spencer himself.

There are people getting results from brushing which is the same concept (wound healing). For those, dermaroller should also work. Brushing exfoliates your scalp so there's that benefit however it also cause a shed for a while due to how aggressive it is where as dermaroller may help avoid that shed since it's more straight forward and more practical as well.

It might be a good idea to combine the two, or maybe head messages to also relax the glea. Head stands for blood flow should help especially if you're on a good diet to get those nutrients there.

There are a lot of variations to try. It's cool for those who are first replicating the study to the T, but for those who want to try a variation and have not started minox yet, why not try a natural product? It might give the same results and be healthier. I'm not sure which to use, I'm thinking about that myself but it's worth researching and discussing.

Community experiments are a great thing though. The more people that are involved, the more refined the method. If it doesn't wrk, move on to the next thing. These companies get millions of dollars for research and development, it would awesome to have a community fund where a few thousand people try out some methods/products for free (funded) and track the results. If that were to happen, we would get much further to a treatment in a year or 2 then all these companies have done for decades. Just a thought.

That is awesome. Follica seems to have some MAJOR firepower behind their managment and research teams. Best medical universities in the world such as harvard and ucsf. And they never make any unrealistic claims or scamming type vibes... Pretty much the polar opposite of nigam... I Like!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Somones gotta take the plunge and wound their scalp while injecting FGF-9.
    I know, everything in the research world points to FGF-9. I would suggest you to take the plunge, I would take it but I don't have the money to buy it.

Hey, another note, I have been on fin for years with no side effects, do you think I would be a good candidate for RU? So I would be able to buy it from Kane.

So do you guys think that the dermaroller technique will really work? and does one of you guys have good experience with it?

I am thinking to start with the dermaroller but i dont know what to buy or how to use it.