Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I started balding at 16, i'm 24 now and NW3. I've been NW3 since 19, but also went in to the NW4 realm for a year or two. Dutasteride has given me back the NW3, which is not satisfying at all. I have also suffered from alopecia areata since 20 years old, which makes my head look even worse. I've had to battle these two hair losses for a while. My social life is non-existent, I come up with every excuse in the book, to people/girls/classmates that invite me to meet up. But ultimately the only reason is: hair loss, and the comments that come with it, the lack of confidence, being with a female friend and watching a guy with a nice head of hair pass by us, knowing full well he has a better chance at scoring her than me...the balding friend.

I have no confidence with girls...I am nothing but a friend, all the time. Good news is, yeah, girls are friendly towards me, but that's all. Some say i'm handsome/cute/whatever. But ultimately I am the friend, the guy who gets friend zoned, and I do it to myself, I am afraid of them seeing what is concealed under the Toppik, so I keep them at a distance and lie to them, to not hang out, I tell them I am shy and anti-social but they know I am lying, they can tell I am friendly and they ultimately think I don't like them, when I like em a lot. With all the competition I have with guys with hair in college, of course i'll be sidelined and only be a last resort, if they ever see the real me.

"Oh yeah, I can't find any one now, I can talk to that nice balding classmate...ugh, I have to lower my standards that much!? No way, i'll keep looking, there has to be a good guy with hair out there."
    I am just getting back into dating after many years away so I might not have the best advise. However I have been asking for help and getting plenty of advise so maybe some of it will help you. Well I never was much of a believer in the "confidence" attribute because it is not logical and that is the way I think. However I am now convinced it is important to women because I have seen them bring this up too many times in the forums to believe otherwise. I have had low confidence in general and attempting to deal with it. What I am doing is trying not to think about the things I lack confidence in and think about the things I am confident in. Whether it's your job, hobby or sport, try to think about that and NOT your hair when you are meeting women. Just try to block it out and think of something you are confident about.

I honestly don't see many women complaining about balding in the forums and at worst they say it depends on the guy and how he handles it . I have seen 2 fighting and the girl would say it to push his buttons but that is it honestly. I am not going to say it may not be a handicap(otherwise I may not have started back on propecia but I do not think it is an outright deal breaker.