Threaded View

Default Genuinely depressed because of hair loss/no social life/no confidence with girls

I started balding at 16, i'm 24 now and NW3. I've been NW3 since 19, but also went in to the NW4 realm for a year or two. Dutasteride has given me back the NW3, which is not satisfying at all. I have also suffered from alopecia areata since 20 years old, which makes my head look even worse. I've had to battle these two hair losses for a while. My social life is non-existent, I come up with every excuse in the book, to people/girls/classmates that invite me to meet up. But ultimately the only reason is: hair loss, and the comments that come with it, the lack of confidence, being with a female friend and watching a guy with a nice head of hair pass by us, knowing full well he has a better chance at scoring her than me...the balding friend.

I have no confidence with girls...I am nothing but a friend, all the time. Good news is, yeah, girls are friendly towards me, but that's all. Some say i'm handsome/cute/whatever. But ultimately I am the friend, the guy who gets friend zoned, and I do it to myself, I am afraid of them seeing what is concealed under the Toppik, so I keep them at a distance and lie to them, to not hang out, I tell them I am shy and anti-social but they know I am lying, they can tell I am friendly and they ultimately think I don't like them, when I like em a lot. With all the competition I have with guys with hair in college, of course i'll be sidelined and only be a last resort, if they ever see the real me.

"Oh yeah, I can't find any one now, I can talk to that nice balding classmate...ugh, I have to lower my standards that much!? No way, i'll keep looking, there has to be a good guy with hair out there."