+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't do it

Default I can't do it

I just can't do it anymore.

I can't pretend everything's alright and that I'll be fine. I can't imagine another moment in my life where I'm not consumed with this bullshit. It's all I think about and the only thing that prevents me from being even slightly optimistic.

I have to start college in the next 2 weeks, a whole new life with all new people, and I don't think I can do it. At the moment, I'm in no shape to be starting a new life. I can't see myself becoming the man I'd always wanted to be. I can't even leave the house without spending an hour fixing and trying to conceal my hair. Living on my home doesn't even seem possible.

The college I'm to attend is top tier (one of HYP). It's not like I'll be among average individuals: I'm to be among the elite of the elite. Rich people, politicians, celebrities, etc...are all to be congregating within my campus, and I'm expected to stand out for future employment opportunities? My struggle with hair loss makes it difficult to even read a book let alone earn top grades at one of the hardest universities in the country.

It's too much. My hair loss and receding hairline has sapped literally every ounce of courage, motivation, and confidence out of my being. I feel like a shell of my former self, and I'm only 18. I have nothing to fall back on, my family is essentially poor and are unemployed. How am I supposed to shift the trend when I can't even look at myself in the mirror without being disgusted by what's on my head (or what's left)

How do you guys who are balding in mid-late teens deal with this shit.

Hang in there man. I can only imagine whats it like to be bald that young. Im 27 I started balding at 24. If you conceal your hair that means you still have hair that is good. You can take fin and minoxidil or shave your head or keep concealing your spots. It aint all bad man. That is awesome you are going to a top tier school. I have a friend smart like you. Who was an nw6 at age 19. He shaved it, and moved on. Sure it bothered him, but he has a really good personality. He did not let it kill him. He went out and acted like it didn't matter even though he was insecure about it. This guy got laid more that alot of guys I know too because of his mouthpiece and personality. I know it is easier said than done man but it can be done. Try to hang on to the hairs you have now cause you never know whats going to happen in a few years. keep yo head up buddy.

I'm young too, also go to a great university, about to be a junior, so we're in similar places. I kind of wish I had went in with a shaved look to college so that everyone could get used to me with it, and I could worry less about what I may look like if I had to start shaving it in a year, but that's your choice.

Things that help me are, in no specific order:

-people have gone through much worse aka stop being a pussay. Life is unfair, I might be losing my hair early, other guys might be getting cancer early. It sucks, but it is what it is, time to sack up or keep being a bitch, the choice is ours.

-medications. Didn't suit Fin (if I had, wouldn't be here, gave my mild gyno), currently on RU and minox. Might not be doing that much, but hey I'm trying.

-SMP. The knowledge that even if I thin out extremely (I'm a diffuse thinner) that I can shave my head and keep a solid look is pretty comforting. Check out the active thread on it now, Jotronic seems like a swell guy.

-there are many bald guys out there. Most older, but still there are a lot of them, and yes, they can get girls too, and they can be self-confident people too.

-future treatments. Yeah, it ain't happening any time too soon, but there's more work being done today than ever before. That's gotta count for something.

-staying active. Hit the gym, I play a lot of ball. Keeps ya feeling manly instead of focusing on the bad stuff.

I have my bad days like anyone else, but I hope this helps, because it's helped me. We only live once (imo) so we gotta keep doing our thing, I want my hair to not be a problem as much as you do, trust me, but I also am starting to warm up to the idea that it's not the end of the world should me hair go. Because it isn't.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know that there are worse things than going bald, though it's one of those instances where you have to consider that many people who are enduring these harsher realities do not necessarily go on to live happy or fulfilling lives, as wrong as that may sound. Of course there are cases where people who suffer tragedies get over it, but those cases are typically where normal life ends. The vast majority of the population, especially those who are successful, does not have to go through stuff such as this, despite what many try and propagate. Most famous celebrities, CEOs, actors, etc...weren't bald at a young age, nor were they subject to life changing disease or such.

I'm not saying I anticipate to reach levels of fame as those people, but it kind of sucks that life will undoubtedly be worse due to balding before I really even began to make my way. It's one thing if I was balding when I was already established or was even on my way to being established, but expecting to compete with others who are just as smart (with many being smarter) as myself while not having a crutch such as balding is really hard to fathom. Promotions, hell even job employment can involve shallow factors, much like anything in life.

Just wish this didn't have to happen in my teens. I literally see no one else going through this (I know some are, but at this point it's clearly a genetic defect and not a normality)

Sorry for venting.

Bro I'm going to start with this. I feel your pain as this is exactly whats happening to me except im in my early twenties. Ive had days when I wanted to break down on the train. But listen to this. There is nothing that is going to make you feel worse than becoming depressed and letting it consume you.

What happened to me? I've become a bitter and resentful mother f and thats how I cope with it. But one thing you cannot do is let it affect your future as you will make things worse for yourself. As much as it hurts, go to college, go to university, get a good degree and get a good job. Once you have a good job you will be in a position to be able to afford to have treatment in the future if still wish to. I hope you make it bro, we are in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I know that there are worse things than going bald, though it's one of those instances where you have to consider that many people who are enduring these harsher realities do not necessarily go on to live happy or fulfilling lives, as wrong as that may sound. Of course there are cases where people who suffer tragedies get over it, but those cases are typically where normal life ends. The vast majority of the population, especially those who are successful, does not have to go through stuff such as this, despite what many try and propagate. Most famous celebrities, CEOs, actors, etc...weren't bald at a young age, nor were they subject to life changing disease or such.

I'm not saying I anticipate to reach levels of fame as those people, but it kind of sucks that life will undoubtedly be worse due to balding before I really even began to make my way. It's one thing if I was balding when I was already established or was even on my way to being established, but expecting to compete with others who are just as smart (with many being smarter) as myself while not having a crutch such as balding is really hard to fathom. Promotions, hell even job employment can involve shallow factors, much like anything in life.

Just wish this didn't have to happen in my teens. I literally see no one else going through this (I know some are, but at this point it's clearly a genetic defect and not a normality)

Sorry for venting.
    I feel for you man. This forum is a great place to vent, use it

Are you on meds?

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    Bro I'm going to start with this. I feel your pain as this is exactly whats happening to me except im in my early twenties. Ive had days when I wanted to break down on the train. But listen to this. There is nothing that is going to make you feel worse than becoming depressed and letting it consume you.

What happened to me? I've become a bitter and resentful mother f and thats how I cope with it. But one thing you cannot do is let it affect your future as you will make things worse for yourself. As much as it hurts, go to college, go to university, get a good degree and get a good job. Once you have a good job you will be in a position to be able to afford to have treatment in the future if still wish to. I hope you make it bro, we are in this together.
    I appreciate it man, I really do. No one understands how this feels, and it's not something we can be open about. It's not until you go through this like we have that one can fathom how much it sucks. I'll listen to your advice since I trust your judgement; I can't trust people with full heads of hair talking down on me for being bothered though lol

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I feel for you man. This forum is a great place to vent, use it

Are you on meds?
    Yes, currently on Fin and Minox, which sucks because it's already at the point where maintaining won't be enough to keep a decent look. It's ridiculous that even taking the meds at the earliest possible point (18) won't preserve a normal hairline.

At least you can take meds, geez.

But nah I feel you, fvck it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    I appreciate it man, I really do. No one understands how this feels, and it's not something we can be open about. It's not until you go through this like we have that one can fathom how much it sucks. I'll listen to your advice since I trust your judgement; I can't trust people with full heads of hair talking down on me for being bothered though lol

Yes, currently on Fin and Minox, which sucks because it's already at the point where maintaining won't be enough to keep a decent look. It's ridiculous that even taking the meds at the earliest possible point (18) won't preserve a normal hairline.
    Yeah, no one who isn't balding can understand what it's like.

I think anyone who comes here seeking advice on treatment should be warned (and usually is) that your hairline is done, son. We can only really hope to keep enough in the NW2-3 formation to rock the power forehead. Once you're in your early to mid twenties, I think that is a plenty acceptable look.

Yeup. Unless you take dut at the first sings of hairloss, your hairline is gonzo.

I was a solid nw2 a year ago and have since become a nw2.8 with major loss in density.....and major temple recession.

With the right conditions, i can come off as if i am not a bald bastard, maybe just a big fore headed asymmetrical muhfcka...

*MPB LIFE HACK**

What i do now is wear a hat, so when ppl first see me subconciously register me at my best ie symetrical ie no recession ie normal forehead etcc (symetrical features a big attraction subconcikously..) then when i take off my hat, obvoisly i look worse but it doens't conciously register #oh shit this bozo is hiding his hairloss with a hat'...its more of, 'hey that guy looks good in a hat'

PS ****** hats bro