+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RegenepureDR

Default RegenepureDR

I've been using this product for about two weeks now. Loving it, my hair looks healthy and aesthetically appears fuller. Just wondering how many times i should use it a week?

Current Regime.
    RegenpureDR(3times a week)
    Nizoral 2%(once every 10 days)
    Grape seed extract
    Curcumin
    Saw Palmetto 100mcg.

I try to use it as often as possible, usually 4 - 5 times a week. The other days I use an anti dandruff shampoo that I need due to dry scalp from minox.

Thanks for the reply mate. I heard it's not good to use ketokonzole to often. So I was thinking of doing 2-3 days of Regenepure and the rest Revivogen shampoo in between..guess it can't hurt :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    Thanks for the reply mate. I heard it's not good to use ketokonzole to often.
    That is true. If you are using 2% Ketoconazole shampoo, you should not use it more than once a week. If you are using 1% Ketoconazole shampoo, you can use that up to two times per week. Regenepure does not list how much Ketoconazole is their shampoo but it is likely pretty close to 1%.

It sounds like you are over using Ketoconazole shampoo. You need to know that over using Ketoconazole can hinder treatment for hair loss rather than help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is true. If you are using 2% Ketoconazole shampoo, you should not use it more than once a week. If you are using 1% Ketoconazole shampoo, you can use that up to two times per week. Regenepure does not list how much Ketoconazole is their shampoo but it is likely pretty close to 1%.

It sounds like you are over using Ketoconazole shampoo. You need to know that over using Ketoconazole can hinder treatment for hair loss rather than help it.
    Why is it bad to use 2% more than once a week? I use it every 5 days personally. Is it the sulphates in nizoral or the actual keto?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Why is it bad to use 2% more than once a week? I use it every 5 days personally. Is it the sulphates in nizoral or the actual keto?
    Hey I could be wrong but I think it Drys outs you're Scalp as well as drying out you're Hair, which will increase breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Is it the sulphates in nizoral or the actual keto?
    Overusing Ketoconazole can have the opposite effect and hinder treatment for hair loss rather than help it.

Read up on the drug information on Ketoconazole. Make sure to go to a legitimate medical source.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    Hey I could be wrong but I think it Drys outs you're Scalp as well as drying out you're Hair, which will increase breakage.
    Yes that is another problem Ketoconazole can cause if it is overused.

I don't like how Regenepure do not state the ketoconazole percentage. It should be stated obviously. Nizoral has it clearly 'ketoconazole 20mg/g'. That is something that should strike obvious. Why all this drama about the keto content? Also from what I have seen it doesnt come properly sealed, the bottles come half empty sometimes, the bottles come in a filthy condition etc etc. You can only buy from selected obscure places as well. No thanks I'm a Nizoral man.

They need to become more professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Overusing Ketoconazole can have the opposite effect and hinder treatment for hair loss rather than help it.
    I have not yet hear of this either. I know that ketoconazole is not really good for your liver, but that should only be the fact for ketoconazole taken orally. Could you maybe explain why it would hinder hairloss treatment ? I alternate between Nizoral and Revita. The latter states you should use it 5 times a week ...

Quote Originally Posted by Julian P View Post
    Could you maybe explain why it would hinder hairloss treatment ?...
    It would be best if you looked it up for yourself. Ketoconazole is a drug and as such you should be reading all the information available to you from legitimate sources about that drug.

The short answer is overusing Ketoconazole shampoo can cause hair loss, which is counterproductive to treating hair loss. Using just the right amount of Ketoconazole shampoo is helpful in treating hair loss. Using too much or too often hinders treating hair loss.