+ Reply to Thread

Default Anybody tried this stuff

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I just got a divorce and I've been searching for something to cover up the shiny spot on the back of head. I'm 53 years old and I'm going to try and snag a new lady friend. My bald spot isn't all that bad but it would be nice to make it a little less noticeable. While googling around I came across this site:

*******.com

and it looks promising. I don't want (or need) a transplant and the idea of ingesting chemical or putting noxious chemicals on my head simply doesn't appeal to me. I've seen stuff similar to this on Ebay and it has good feedback.

Any thoughts? I've posted on a couple of other forums but don't seem to get any answers.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Cannot really comment on this product because I do not what it is. If you can find the ingredients and post it, I am sure you will get some feedback.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default Virtual Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Sounds interesting. Cannot really comment on this product because I do not what it is. If you can find the ingredients and post it, I am sure you will get some feedback.
    Dr. Charles, thanks for the reply. Since posting I took the plunge and ordered some of the stuff and had it overnighted for a big date with the New Lady. I have no idea what's in the stuff but it works pretty well. It does a good job of covering up the thin spot. If you take a look at their website my hairline is about like the one pictured. While I don't think it covers quite as well as they guy in the photo it definitely made a difference. My only complaint is that is kind of messy. I ended up using hair spray to hold it in place. My biggest worry is when will I tell the New Lady that I'm a little thinner on top than she realizes? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge later on down the road I suppose

btaylor,

We are very close in age and glad to see you are moving on in life as I have been down the same road myself. Very happily married now and have been for some time so I wish you the very best in your life's journey.

Now the product you are using appears to be keratin fibers which essentially is a cosmetic product very much like Toppik. Are you familiar with it? Toppik's protein fibers carry a negative charge which promotes them to cling to our hair. To some degree they increase hair shaft diameter and that's why "visual" coverage improves without increasing hair count. And yes a little hair spray helps hold the fibers in place.

When your new lady friend sees you're a good guy, I'm sure she won't mind knowing some day that you use a little cosmetic on your hair. Just think of all of the cosmetics that some ladies use themselves.

Are you treating that loss in your crown with minoxidil and Propecia?

I got a great idea. Maybe you can plan a vacation with your friend in South Florida near Boca Raton and see Dr. Charles for your crown. It sounds like a small session and then you won't have to deal with the cosmetics.

Best wishes to you!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Virtual Hair?

Gillenator,

Thanks for the answer. No I've never tried Topic. I was really leery of Virtual Hair but so far so good. Maybe I'll give the other one a try when I run out of the Virtual Hair; although it seems like this stuff is going to last a long time. I also had them send me some of this stuff:

*******.3dcartstores.com/VH-Magic-COVER-STiCK_ p_9.html

It, too, is a little greasy and messy, but between the fibers and the coloring stick I'm fairly pleased.

With regard to the various medical treatments I'm really concerned about using the topical drug treatments. I don't even drink Diet Coke because of the chemicals it contains. I'm what you would call a "health nut". I would be more inclined to look at a surgical option but that really isn't very appealing either. I don't like needles, shots, scalpels, etc.

I googled Keratin and that seems fairly innocuous so it looks like some of these cover products might be the best solution until my problem gets worse?

BTW, the new Lady Friend seems to be a winner. So far things are going well!

btaylor,

Gladl to hear things are going great with your lady. I also do not like the idea of taking meds but after losing so much hair, I came to realize that unless I address the cause of my MPB, DHT, the loss will continue. That's why I started using finasteride after my first HT.

Best wishes to you man!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Sudden Hair fall

Hi Dr. Glenn Charles,

I'm 24yr old. And I've sudden hair fall problem. My Hair is so silky. I always wash my hair with shampoo. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ingridseynhaeve View Post
    Hi Dr. Glenn Charles,

I'm 24yr old. And I've sudden hair fall problem. My Hair is so silky. I always wash my hair with shampoo. What I have to do to solve this problem?
    See your own family doctor/practioner to make sure there are no underlying reasons this is happening.