+ Reply to Thread

Default When a cure comes out, will every man get a treatment?

So, honestly, will one day it be crazy to see a bald man such as a Norwood 7 like me??? Will it be unthinkable for someone not to have hair????

I have thought about this as well.

Of course it depends on what the cure consists of, but I believe we will still see some men that choose to not get treatment.

Possible reason include total cost, consistency of application (i.e. daily creams), or simply vanity is not of importance to them.

Even the most simple treatment would still leave some Norwood 7's on the planet.

It is interesting to me, that as much as I obsess and feel defeated at times by hair loss, there are guys that equally could not care less about it. It just does not pop up on their radar as something of importance. At times, I envy them.

Good question. I think the level of bald/balding men will shrink drastically but not completely disappear, alot of people don't mind being/going bald. It will probably be expensive as shit for a while so I think cost will be an issue for many, but if it promises a full head of NW1 hair for the rest of your life I can't see why somebody wouldn't want it, despite the cost (atleast me)

If (and that is a big IF) a cure does come out you will still be bald guys out there. First of all I can guarantee you it will be very expensive. We pay $70/month for Propecia to pretty much just keep what pathetic hair we currently have. The cost for a cure will definitely be high, and many will not have the means to pay for it. I would also like to think that after a certain age, men are more willing to accept not having a full head of hair.

There are still people out there with horribly crooked teeth, crooked noses, huge overbites, and all types of other cosmetic issues. There are people who are obese which in almost all cases can be corrected with diet and exercise. Some are unable to afford surgery/treatment for these issues. Some (and this is an unfathomable concept on this board) just don't care or a satisfied with their appearance. Also as someone mentioned at a certain age it's not that big of a deal. Are you going to be fretting about hairloss when you're in your 60s-70s? At that point, who gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post
    I have thought about this as well.

Of course it depends on what the cure consists of, but I believe we will still see some men that choose to not get treatment.

Possible reason include total cost, consistency of application (i.e. daily creams), or simply vanity is not of importance to them.

Even the most simple treatment would still leave some Norwood 7's on the planet.

It is interesting to me, that as much as I obsess and feel defeated at times by hair loss, there are guys that equally could not care less about it. It just does not pop up on their radar as something of importance. At times, I envy them.
    I know a few people like this. One guy in particular comes from a fairly wealthy family and has a million or so from a trust fund his grandparents gave him. He could easily get on finasteride, get the best hair transplant, and afford whatever new treatments come out in the future. He truly doesn't care. It's just not important to him. His attitude towards it is: "Meh, it's just something that happens when you get older."

Many men look good bald, or in other words, they don't look any better with hair. For them, being bald is no big deal.