+ Reply to Thread

Default eclipta alba oil for dandruff

Just thought I'd make a quick suggestion to anyone who is using minox and has the hideous dandruff that it causes.
    I've been on the 5% foam for 18 months now and for 14 of those months I tried everything to stop the white flakes showering from my scalp and face.
    Anti dandruff shampoos made the situation worse, and various oils, while making my hair very moisturised, never ceased the problem.
    Even a healthy diet never made any difference.
    This is when I found eclipta alba oil.
    A few months ago I was searching for natural minox alternatives and came across a solution that was proven by 'studies' to be more effective.
    Of course I'm guessing this was top notch BS again as the studies were laughably poor, but I bought some anyway cause I'm a mug.
    Turns out the oil didn't do anything for my regrowth, but as soon as I started it once a week, my hair looked healthier than it ever has, and the dandruff dissappeared. I now use in conjunction with minox and still my hair feels a lot thicker, less stringy and most importantly dandruff free.
    I'm sure it won't work for everyone but its quite cheap if you've exhausted all other ideas to beat dandruff.

how do you use this in conjunction with minox ? before or after ?
    How and how much do you apply ?
    Does the oil get absorbed by the scalp or do you have to wash it off before applying minox ?

Is dandruff completely gone ?

I am on rogaine foam and have extreme dandruff to a point I want to quit the bloody thing

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    how do you use this in conjunction with minox ? before or after ?
    How and how much do you apply ?
    Does the oil get absorbed by the scalp or do you have to wash it off before applying minox ?

Is dandruff completely gone ?

I am on rogaine foam and have extreme dandruff to a point I want to quit the bloody thing
    Personally I use the oil twice a week, at the start I would use it 3 times but found this to be excessive.
    My method is to apply the stuff an hour before I wash my hair, then shampoo the oil off and apply minox after. Its very greasy so you need to wash thorough to get it all off. It does not absorb even if you use a tiny amount, but I make sure I cover all my scalp and even use it on my face (eyebrows, beard). It has significantly decreased my dandruff, I still have the odd flake but my hairs 99% dandruff free.
    I know how you feel, I was the same. If you use minox twice a day, perhaps you should only use once. I started using once a day and it made a slight improvement in terms of the falling flakes and I never shed or lost any regrowth. I think once a day is good to maintain, however if you're only just starting stick with the 2x a day for 6 months.
    Can't promise eclipta alba will cure your dandruff but it worked wonders for me and its cheap so no harm in trying

Thanks for the reply. I definitely want to try this.

Lastly can you recommend a brand and where to buy from as all I get on google search when I type it's name is some pills :-/

Its also known as bhringraj oil, this is the common name for it in india.
    I'm sure when I ordered it I searched bhringraj oil on amazon and it was a small pink coloured bottle. Only cost me around £6 (I'm from uk).
    Hope you have some luck finding it, if not ill try and post up a link.