+ Reply to Thread

Default Does anyone get this minoxidil side?

Ok here is my story with minoxidil. I tried it when I was 18. Got no sides at all. Felt fine, but quit because I really was not losing hair at the time. Next time I used it was 2 years ago. I felt my heart beating real fast so I quit. But I believe this was an imagined side effect. I tried it last July no heart racing, but My chest felt weird. Not a sharp pain, but maybe a dull ache on the left side. It is not unbearable, but is a little uncomfortable. When I breathe in deep I can feel it good. I quit it in July. Got back on in december with no problems. Quit in January because I didnt stick with it. Now I am back on it and the uncomfortableness starts again. ANyone have this issue? I may schedule an appointment with a cardiologist just to be safe. I do not want to get off minox especially with the wounding study.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Ok here is my story with minoxidil. I tried it when I was 18. Got no sides at all. Felt fine, but quit because I really was not losing hair at the time. Next time I used it was 2 years ago. I felt my heart beating real fast so I quit. But I believe this was an imagined side effect. I tried it last July no heart racing, but My chest felt weird. Not a sharp pain, but maybe a dull ache on the left side. It is not unbearable, but is a little uncomfortable. When I breathe in deep I can feel it good. I quit it in July. Got back on in december with no problems. Quit in January because I didnt stick with it. Now I am back on it and the uncomfortableness starts again. ANyone have this issue? I may schedule an appointment with a cardiologist just to be safe. I do not want to get off minox especially with the wounding study.
    No offense, but you sound obsessed with searching for sides, which will undoubtedly result in finding them.

Also, getting off and on minox probably isn't doing you any favors in the hair department.

See a cardiologist if it puts you at ease, but really you should be learning how to focus on daily tasks and putting treatment in the back of your mind.

I have heard that if you have heart issues you should not use minox. I have not had these sides, and when I tried minox wasn't really worried about any sides with the exception of dandruff.

I have a minor heart condition and I thought **** it and took Minoxidil. Big mistake. A year later I had to stop.

I have a heart condition and I don't think Minox has made much of a difference. Perhaps the odd episode has been exacerbated by Minox but it's hard to tell. It's not something you really want to ignore though, I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side, but beware they will probably tell you to get off Minoxidil straight away, regardless of what the outcome of your meeting is.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

If you are planning on continuing treatment with Minoxidil which is a vasodialator and can effect blood pressure and heart rate you should see a Cardiologist.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile