+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Does hairloss affect men with attractive faces more than average looking guys?

I notice that the guys that are affected the most by hairloss, are the ones with attractive faces.

They seem to take it really hard.

Ugly men will remain ugly.

Attractive men are given the chance to understand what it's like on the other side of the fence.

No need to call people ugly.

But yes, of course, if you have a face this is considered attractive you will take it harder. Otherwise, looks have never been a big deal to you so hair loss is neither here nor there.

I strongly disagree. If you have an attractive face, you have an attractive face even when you're bald. Especially when you got a body to match. Lot's of Hollywood celebrities (Matt Damon for instance) who had to shave it for all role remain almost unaffected by it.

I think the guys suffering most from it are the average lookers, you know like the 7 or 7,5's who suddenly lose 2 points and fall into ugly territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    I strongly disagree. If you have an attractive face, you have an attractive face even when you're bald. Especially when you got a body to match. Lot's of Hollywood celebrities (Matt Damon for instance) who had to shave it for all role remain almost unaffected by it.

I think the guys suffering most from it are the average lookers, you know like the 7 or 7,5's who suddenly lose 2 points and fall into ugly territory.
    I actually think a 3 point loss is more accurate. So those who are average say 5 will become a 2 so that just shows the devastation this disease can cause.

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    No need to call people ugly.

But yes, of course, if you have a face this is considered attractive you will take it harder. Otherwise, looks have never been a big deal to you so hair loss is neither here nor there.
    So Highlander must have been model status, because he was taking hairloss very poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    I actually think a 3 point loss is more accurate. So those who are average say 5 will become a 2 so that just shows the devastation this disease can cause.
    I think the points differ from guy to guy. I would say some bad ass looking guys may even *gain* a point from shaving their head, given a solid skull shape. I suspect I'll lose ~two points, maybe even 3 due to my pointy skull.

Odd question. I want to comment on this psychosis but I am sure where to begin.

Too many guys, especially young guys, wrongfully believe it is all about their looks and nothing but their looks. This is not true but this is what they focus and dwell on. You can tell them the truth till you are blue in the face but they are so full of themselves that they will never accept the truth because if differs from their distorted view of reality.

Hair loss can really be hard on anybody. Look at my boy Dee Snider from Twisted Sister, one of the best rock n roll frontmen. He'd be the first to tell you that he's ugly, but if he didn't have a ridiculous head of hair, I guarantee you that he wouldn't have been the frontman for a band like Twisted Sister. Same goes for Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler. These are not really good-looking men yet their great heads of hair (among other attributes) has really made them who they are. I guarantee you that they wouldn't be fronting their respective bands if they were bald. And that's what I can't stand about hair loss: that it limits what you can and can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Odd question. I want to comment on this psychosis but I am sure where to begin.

Too many guys, especially young guys, wrongfully believe it is all about their looks and nothing but their looks. This is not true but this is what they focus and dwell on. You can tell them the truth till you are blue in the face but they are so full of themselves that they will never accept the truth because if differs from their distorted view of reality.
    Tracy, just because you disagree does not make something wrong. I'm blown away that you can even pretend like going bald doesn't affect looks. You're simply not being objective with respect to conventional standards of male attractiveness, especially for *young* men.

And please don't play the "I'm a woman, so I know how all women think" card.

I hope that every man who goes bald is able to learn to cope and move on when there is no hope to retain hair. I hope more that we find a cure and all men (and women) get to keep their hair, because hair matters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Tracy, just because you disagree does not make something wrong. I'm blown away that you can even pretend like going bald doesn't affect looks. You're simply not being objective with respect to conventional standards of male attractiveness, especially for *young* men.
    Reading comprehension fail.

She's not saying baldness doesn't effect attractiveness, she's saying physical/facial attractiveness on a man is less important to women than physical/facial attractiveness on a woman is to a man. Other things can make men attractive, such as money, charisma, humor, height, status, etc.

Stop arguing with tracy for the sake of arguing with her.