+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Tracy, just because you disagree does not make something wrong.
    You don't get what I said.

Aesthetics are important. They open doors for you. Make life easier. In a lot of cases affect overall happiness/mood and well being. Aesthetics are dealt a significant blow with hairloss. Still, we are ultimately responsible for our own happiness, and as far as longevity goes, there are WAY more important factors than aesthetics that provide one with happiness. Everybody wants to be the best possible version of themselves they can be, and having something, only to lose it (ie your hair), is a very crippling feeling, and very hard to accept. Acceptance is the key...Fight this disease to the death, but be accepting of all the possible outcomes!

For some men, going bald is a blessing! Look at a young James Gandolfini:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1378118

No way he could've been Tony Soprano without getting old, fat, and bald!

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    For some men, going bald is a blessing! Look at a young James Gandolfini:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1378118

No way he could've been Tony Soprano without getting old, fat, and bald!
    But atleast he had a good head of hair when he was young. Man it sucks going bald young...even freakin tony soprano had a great head of hair at a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    Look at a young James Gandolfini:
    He is a handsome man, with or without hair. Many men are just as handsome without hair as they were with hair. It just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Reading comprehension fail.

She's not saying baldness doesn't effect attractiveness, she's saying physical/facial attractiveness on a man is less important to women than physical/facial attractiveness on a woman is to a man. Other things can make men attractive, such as money, charisma, humor, height, status, etc.

Stop arguing with tracy for the sake of arguing with her.
    Other things can make a man attractive? Money? What if you don't have any. And if you do and are unattractive then hello gold diggers. Height? So basically you're shooting down every manlet out there. Nice one bro.

Life is easier with good looks, and thats the fact. Anyone who disagrees is strong blue pill. No one is arguing for the sake of arguing. I had a gf when I was a NW0 with no diffuse thinning. I had long hair like Bradley Cooper. She was a 9/10. I didnt even have to try and get her. I didn't chase after her. She came to me. Life is so much easier with good looks.

A handsome man might take it harder, but he'll still look better and feel better than someone less attractive.

Jude Law is still considered sexier than most NW1 celebs, and I know I'd still be a 9 even at NW3 (and I'm only 5'9).

Looks only get your foot through the front door. I consider myself a very attractive guy and all my life approaching and talking to girls has been easier than for most guys I know. I've never been rejected, but I cant tell you how many times I've blown it with attractive girls because my game sucks.

I've known kids who are no where near as good looking as me who get blown off so much it's sad. But I think they're getting laid much more than me because when they get their chance with a girl they do not f*** it up.

It's obvious watching how they talk to girls that they're way smoother, they have more charm and tenacity.

That's something I'm absolutely gonna start working on while I'm still a thick NW2, and everyone who isn't already good with women should as well, especially if you still have hair (since getting started as a bald dude would be much harder).

On a side note I work as a host at a popular Italian grill and I've already seated maybe over 10 guys with shaved heads on dates with gorgeous women.

I am NOT gonna lie though; I'm certain these bald guys look NOTHING like your average guy on a hair loss forum. They were all jacked, a couple of them definitely on steroids (it was obvious). They all definitely knew how to dress, more than the average guy.

That being said I have sat way more NW1 guys with beautiful women. So yeah having hair is an advantage.

But when you shave that dome, even if it'll be harder without a full head of hair, you can still land a 10.

If that's what you're after anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    A handsome man might take it harder, but he'll still look better and feel better than someone less attractive.

Jude Law is still considered sexier than most NW1 celebs, and I know I'd still be a 9 even at NW3 (and I'm only 5'9).
    There is no such thing as game. There is only looks. You seem like a nice guy but if you were a 9 regardless of what norwood stage you were at, you wouldnt be here. And also no one can be a 9 at NW3. Only a select few who have won the genetic lottery in other aspects like Freddie Ljungberg.

#1 99% of men will take a major hit in appearance from significant MPB. The ones who do not, have an ideal head shape & facial features for a shave/buzz (but still would look better with hair)

#2 Things matter besides looks, but nothing matters more when it comes to being treated well in your daily life, let alone attention from women

#3 Yes there is subjectivity in looks, one girl's 9 is another girl's 6 or w/e. But there are features almost universally considered positive or negative. Hair loss is considered a minus to appearance to almost everyone.

#4 Yes goodlooking guys are likelier to take MPB hard. They have something to lose which others do not have
    Imagine going from a pretty face in the crowd, who people notice, to disappearing into the plain masses....or worse, standing out for looking bad (if MPB screws you hard enough). That is a HUGE change in day to day life, when the way everyone perceives you takes a flip like that

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    There is no such thing as game. There is only looks. You seem like a nice guy but if you were a 9 regardless of what norwood stage you were at, you wouldnt be here. And also no one can be a 9 at NW3. Only a select few who have won the genetic lottery in other aspects like Freddie Ljungberg.
    I'm on a hair loss forum because I'm losing hair.