+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finasteride prescription

Hi. At 32, I have finally got fed up with my hair thinning, and have decided to visit my GP.

I live in England, and I've read some stories about doctors not prescribing. Is there any particular way I should be handling the visit, in what I say?

I suppose I was just going to walk in there and say, "I'm suffering from male pattern baldness, and I was wondering if you could give me a prescription for some finasteride?"

I'm just so frightened that he'll say no. I've selected the youngest, non judgemental doctor there is at the surgery. The other male doctor there is older and he's bald as a badger himself, so I thought he'd be pretty dismissive. I didn't think it was worth seeing a female doctor, either?

That's exactly what you could say. I just told my DR that I wanted to discuss possible treatments for hair loss. He told me to just deal with my hair loss. I asked him if there was any danger in taking fin, he said no, but it was a life long commitment and expensive as it is not covered by most ins. I told him I would like to try it and he gave me a year prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by billybong View Post
    Hi. At 32, I have finally got fed up with my hair thinning, and have decided to visit my GP.

I live in England, and I've read some stories about doctors not prescribing. Is there any particular way I should be handling the visit, in what I say?

I suppose I was just going to walk in there and say, "I'm suffering from male pattern baldness, and I was wondering if you could give me a prescription for some finasteride?"

I'm just so frightened that he'll say no. I've selected the youngest, non judgemental doctor there is at the surgery. The other male doctor there is older and he's bald as a badger himself, so I thought he'd be pretty dismissive. I didn't think it was worth seeing a female doctor, either?
    You are 32 years old, you will probably get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    You are 32 years old, you will probably get it.
    OK thanks. I really hope I do. I've recently gone into some sort of panic mode about my hair loss. I really wish I'd started on this back in 2009. Just want to get on fin as soon as possible, and could do without having to visit multiple doctors and start begging etc.

OK thanks. I really hope I do. I've recently gone into some sort of panic mode about my hair loss. I really wish I'd started on this back in 2009. Just want to get on fin as soon as possible, and could do without having to visit multiple doctors and start begging etc.
    Even if they don't give you a prescription, just buy it from inhousepharmacy(they are legit)

Even if they don't give you a prescription, just buy it from inhousepharmacy(they are legit)
    OK Thanks.

I just visited my GP this morning. I was so nervous that he'd say no, but I now have a prescription.

He wouldn't give me the 5mg proscar though, because he said it was only licensed for prostate stuff. Just out of interest, how much cheaper would it have ended up, if I did get the proscar instead of the 1mg propecia?

I just visited my GP this morning. I was so nervous that he'd say no, but I now have a prescription.

He wouldn't give me the 5mg proscar though, because he said it was only licensed for prostate stuff. Just out of interest, how much cheaper would it have ended up, if I did get the proscar instead of the 1mg propecia?
    how much did 1mg propecia cost and how much does 5mg proscar cost?

how much did 1mg propecia cost and how much does 5mg proscar cost?
    Well I haven't been the chemist yet to be honest. I think the 1mg tablets are about £1 each though. Can't seem to find the price of proscar online..

Generic Propecia, when I went to buy it was 67.99. It was not covered by my insurance. I think proscar would be covered, so if I was able to get a script for that, it would only be a few bucks. Next time I see my Dr. I will try to get a script for proscar, but I will not hold my breath.