Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billybong
    • Apr 2012

Finasteride prescription

Hi. At 32, I have finally got fed up with my hair thinning, and have decided to visit my GP.

I live in England, and I've read some stories about doctors not prescribing. Is there any particular way I should be handling the visit, in what I say?

I suppose I was just going to walk in there and say, "I'm suffering from male pattern baldness, and I was wondering if you could give me a prescription for some finasteride?"

I'm just so frightened that he'll say no. I've selected the youngest, non judgemental doctor there is at the surgery. The other male doctor there is older and he's bald as a badger himself, so I thought he'd be pretty dismissive. I didn't think it was worth seeing a female doctor, either?
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

That's exactly what you could say. I just told my DR that I wanted to discuss possible treatments for hair loss. He told me to just deal with my hair loss. I asked him if there was any danger in taking fin, he said no, but it was a life long commitment and expensive as it is not covered by most ins. I told him I would like to try it and he gave me a year prescription.

Comment

• BudskiiHD
      • May 2013

Originally posted by billybong
      Hi. At 32, I have finally got fed up with my hair thinning, and have decided to visit my GP.

I live in England, and I've read some stories about doctors not prescribing. Is there any particular way I should be handling the visit, in what I say?

I suppose I was just going to walk in there and say, "I'm suffering from male pattern baldness, and I was wondering if you could give me a prescription for some finasteride?"

I'm just so frightened that he'll say no. I've selected the youngest, non judgemental doctor there is at the surgery. The other male doctor there is older and he's bald as a badger himself, so I thought he'd be pretty dismissive. I didn't think it was worth seeing a female doctor, either?
      You are 32 years old, you will probably get it.

Comment

• billybong
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BudskiiHD
        You are 32 years old, you will probably get it.
        OK thanks. I really hope I do. I've recently gone into some sort of panic mode about my hair loss. I really wish I'd started on this back in 2009. Just want to get on fin as soon as possible, and could do without having to visit multiple doctors and start begging etc.

Comment

• BudskiiHD
          • May 2013

OK thanks. I really hope I do. I've recently gone into some sort of panic mode about my hair loss. I really wish I'd started on this back in 2009. Just want to get on fin as soon as possible, and could do without having to visit multiple doctors and start begging etc.
          Even if they don't give you a prescription, just buy it from inhousepharmacy(they are legit)

Comment

• billybong
            • Apr 2012

Even if they don't give you a prescription, just buy it from inhousepharmacy(they are legit)
            OK Thanks.

Comment

• billybong
              • Apr 2012

I just visited my GP this morning. I was so nervous that he'd say no, but I now have a prescription.

He wouldn't give me the 5mg proscar though, because he said it was only licensed for prostate stuff. Just out of interest, how much cheaper would it have ended up, if I did get the proscar instead of the 1mg propecia?

Comment

• BudskiiHD
                • May 2013

I just visited my GP this morning. I was so nervous that he'd say no, but I now have a prescription.

He wouldn't give me the 5mg proscar though, because he said it was only licensed for prostate stuff. Just out of interest, how much cheaper would it have ended up, if I did get the proscar instead of the 1mg propecia?
                how much did 1mg propecia cost and how much does 5mg proscar cost?

Comment

• billybong
                  • Apr 2012

how much did 1mg propecia cost and how much does 5mg proscar cost?
                  Well I haven't been the chemist yet to be honest. I think the 1mg tablets are about £1 each though. Can't seem to find the price of proscar online..

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Generic Propecia, when I went to buy it was 67.99. It was not covered by my insurance. I think proscar would be covered, so if I was able to get a script for that, it would only be a few bucks. Next time I see my Dr. I will try to get a script for proscar, but I will not hold my breath.

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

Propecia in the UK is generally £50/£60 a month supply

I personally take Proscar and cut it into 5ths pretty easy. I get mine from Dr Singh at ukfinasteride as do many UK guys and it costs approx £200 14 month supply.

Cutting Proscar :

Best
                      Spex
                      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Hicks
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Spex
                        I personally take Proscar and cut it into 5ths pretty easy.
                        Best
                        Spex
                        I do this but I use a normal pill cutter/container. I try to cut Proscar into 6ths but it's normally 5ths. Google, deluxe pill splitter apex

Comment

• billybong
                          • Apr 2012

Thanks spex.

Comment

Working...