+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What else can i do for my hair?

1. Ive been taking propecia which stopped my hair loss

2. Im gonna start nizoral to see if it can thicken my hair

3. I use volumizing shampoos/conditioners

Anything else? I cant be hassled with applying rogaine foam 2x a day. Will mousse help or some other serum to have thicker looking hair? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jnd3344 View Post
    1. Ive been taking propecia which stopped my hair loss

2. Im gonna start nizoral to see if it can thicken my hair

3. I use volumizing shampoos/conditioners

Anything else? I cant be hassled with applying rogaine foam 2x a day. Will mousse help or some other serum to have thicker looking hair? Thanks!
    Volumizing shampoos/conditions don't really do anything for you. It is best to simply use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.

If you "can't be hassled" with applying Minoxidil twice a day then use it only once a day. Once a day is better than not using it at all if you need it.

A good quality concealer such as Dermmatch can make your hair look a lot thicker than it really is - depending on how much area you need to cover.

I don't even understand how you're supposed to apply minox without having a shaved head on less than number 2 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by billybong View Post
    I don't even understand how you're supposed to apply minox without having a shaved head on less than number 2 anyway
    do it like this guy

http://youtu.be/JKygJBkq8qo?t=4m16s

It's easy. I do it every day and I'm a girl with long hair. See the instructions for using women's Rogaine on Rogaine's website. The foam can be used the same way.

http://www.rogaine.com/category/for+...lts.do?nType=2

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    That guy doesn't even have hair loss. His methodology looks like a big hassle. There is no need to go through all that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It's easy. I do it every day and I'm a girl with long hair. See the instructions for using women's Rogaine on Rogaine's website. The foam can be used the same way.

http://www.rogaine.com/category/for+...lts.do?nType=2
    But I don't have hair long enough to part like that.

And it still looks very difficult, most of which looked like it was going onto the hair rather than the scalp.

I was also talking about the foam. I've never used a dropper. I don't understand how you can have enough of this stuff to drop into about a hundred different positions on your scalp

I was also talking about the foam. I've never used a dropper. I don't understand how you can have enough of this stuff to drop into about a hundred different positions on your scalp
    As I said above, you do it the same way with the foam as you do with the dropper. I use the foam in the morning myself and the dropper in the evening.

Some of it does get into your hair. Don't worry so much about that. It is not significant. All you need to do is massage as much of it as you can into your scalp. It really is a whole lot easier than you are making it out to be. The foam is even easier.

what can minoxidil help with if youre hair loss has already stopped with proecia and youve been using propecia for 3 years already?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That guy doesn't even have hair loss. His methodology looks like a big hassle. There is no need to go through all that nonsense.
    Well, he does have hairloss. If he didn't, he'd be NW0.

The methodology is pretty much the same as the one linked in your post. The only difference is that guy uses a syringe whereas the woman uses a dropper. They are both still applied in same way.

Quote Originally Posted by jnd3344 View Post
    what can minoxidil help with if youre hair loss has already stopped with proecia and youve been using propecia for 3 years already?
    For some regrowth.