+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jnd3344 View Post
    what can minoxidil help with if youre hair loss has already stopped with proecia and youve been using propecia for 3 years already?
    Propecia and Rogaine do two different things. Propecia can arrest your hair loss and sometimes can allow hair that is able to grow back to grow back - but it does not stimulate hair that can grow back to grow back. Rogaine does not do anything to arrest hair loss but it does stimulate hair that can grow back to grow back. Using these two medications in concert provides the best chances of regrowing some of the hair that has been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    Well, he does have hairloss. If he didn't, he'd be
    No he doesn't. I've seen him before back when I was trying to find evidence to support RU. His before and after pics look exactly the same. There is absolutely no difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Propecia and Rogaine do two different things. Propecia can arrest your hair loss and sometimes can allow hair that is able to grow back to grow back - but it does not stimulate hair that can grow back to grow back. Rogaine does not do anything to arrest hair loss but it does stimulate hair that can grow back to grow back. Using these two medications in concert provides the best chances of regrowing some of the hair that has been lost.
    Even if ive already had 2 hair transplants in the front and mid sections of my head?

Even if ive already had 2 hair transplants in the front and mid sections of my head?
    Possibly. Have you ever used Rogaine before? When I say that I mean long enough to gain any cosmetic benefit from using it - ie: 12 to 18 months. If you have and you did not gain any cosmetic benefit from it, it is not likely going to help you now. If you have not, the only way you will ever know if it will help you is to try it for 12 to 18 months.

Possibly. Have you ever used Rogaine before? When I say that I mean long enough to gain any cosmetic benefit from using it - ie: 12 to 18 months. If you have and you did not gain any cosmetic benefit from it, it is not likely going to help you now. If you have not, the only way you will ever know if it will help you is to try it for 12 to 18 months.
    Ouch.. maybe when im older ill try it

Ouch.. maybe when im older ill try it
    That certainly would not make any sense. The longer you wait the less likely it will be able to do anything for you. They key to regrowing lost hair is to start as early as possible. Waiting till you are older would be counter productive and quite possibly pointless.

Why did you say ouch?

That certainly would not make any sense. The longer you wait the less likely it will be able to do anything for you. They key to regrowing lost hair is to start as early as possible. Waiting till you are older would be counter productive and quite possibly pointless.

Why did you say ouch?
    the long wait... And yeah ive been losing hair for 5 years will it still work?

the long wait...
    Treating hair loss takes a painfully long time and there is nothing anyone can do to speed it up. Even with hair transplant surgery it takes 12 to 18 months to see the final result.

And yeah ive been losing hair for 5 years will it still work?
    If you've never used it before, the only way you will find out is to try it.