+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

And he admits it: wearing a piece is hell on earth, but he still wears it..............
    Can you elaborate why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    LOL. I did not notice the date on the original post-- I thought it was recent. If you go for your consultation, look for the usual gimmicks employed by these places: you'll see pictures on the wall of young looking guys doing all sorts of exciting sports-- skydiving, motorcycles, scuba diving. And of course, there's always a beautiful babe around. The imagery and message is clear: having hair=sex and exciting life.

I hate to descend to cliche', but with young guys, it's always about getting laid. I bet when you go in to the guys office to talk, you see a gym bag and pictures on the wall of the guy climbing a mountain or something. It will be something outdoors, showing what an active guy he is. It's all part of the sales pitch-- buy the rug, get laid and have an exciting life.

As to your question, the answer is probably. Girls like to touch hair-- she's going to be running her hands through your hair at some point. Missing the fact your wearing a hairpiece is wishful thinking on your part.

The hairpiece base will have a lot to do with it. But no matter how they dress it up with sales talk and imagery, its still something glued to your head.

When you first get it, you're usually over the moon because you think you've found your solution. But then you rapidly become paranoid. You worry about being "found out". You begin to dissect every comment by friends and family worrying that someone knows. You begin to hate the mait. regime. The expense. When you take it off, you hate the way you look, because you have the top of your head shaved or a big ring around the fringe shaved to make sure the glue/adhesive has something to grab on to (your scalp). You begin to hate wearing the piece, but by then, you're trapped. Sure you could go cold turkey and take of the rug, shave everything down, and be done with it. However, few have the courage to do that. At least at first. But it means years of feeling trapped and dependent.

Here's some advice-- I don't know you but believe me I know EXACTLY what your going through. I've been there. Anyway, here it is-- it's not complicated.

Keep your hair short-- short hair looks neat, and there's nothing worse than a cover up attempt by trying to hide thinning hair by growing what you have out long.

Stay in shape. Get regular exercise and stay thin and active. That alone will open up more doors than your realize.

Enjoy your life. Work hard, study hard, but also take time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Don't let the worry of hair loss poison your whole existence. I say this a lot but it's very true: the hairline you have now that causes you so much concern and worry (and possibly self loathing) is the one you're going to wish you you still had 10 years from now.

Look in to Propecia. I'm not a big fan of this option-- I happen to believe that playing with your bodies chemistry for years on end with drugs and thinking there's not going to be a bill to pay somewhere down the road is foolish. But hey. You never know. It may be a short term option until some better option comes along. But understand FULLY the risks involved. Research it to death before making an informed decision.
    Getting a girlfriend with a hairsystem?

Serious question though, I wouldnt know how to bring it up when dating a girl.

Hi Hal,

This is my first post on this site and I must say what Hal is preaching here was dead on! Hell, I am a past client of that Toronto Hair System place. The guys were great, they do genuinely care about the work they do but it wasn't for me and I stopped using a system after 3 months.

To be blunt, I was 25 years old then. This all happened a year ago. I thought a hair transplant was too risky and that all these videos I saw online of hair systems would lead to me having my hair loss problem solved. At first I really enjoyed it, hell my confidence skyrocketed. But then the paranoia set in. What if someone spots my hair system? What if my glue or tape loosens if I'm sweating or in serious heat (because it does)? What happens when a lady feels my hair and finds out I'm wearing a wig, they won't call it a hair system... They can easily feel the front fake hairline, its hard and very noticeable to the touch. What happens if I damage my hair system randomly? What happens if it rains (because the hair system is a dead giveaway then)?

Swimming in it would be impossible, I don't care what videos anyone has seen of guys swimming with them on, you won't be able to.

In the end, wearing a hair system became one of the most stressful things of my life. The paranoia of being outed or having a malfunction will always be there. Least it was for me. I was a norwood 5 at that point, I just buzz my head now and plan on saving up for a hair transplant. Stopping the use of a hair system made me actually enjoy my life again. I'm not happy with my hair situation, but I've made the best of it for now.

Hope this helps if anyone is thinking of getting a hair system. They can work for the right individuals, no doubting that. But the maintenance of them and the paranoia was my reasoning for stopping that.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsGuy View Post
    Hi Hal,

This is my first post on this site and I must say what Hal is preaching here was dead on! Hell, I am a past client of that Toronto Hair System place. The guys were great, they do genuinely care about the work they do but it wasn't for me and I stopped using a system after 3 months.

To be blunt, I was 25 years old then. This all happened a year ago. I thought a hair transplant was too risky and that all these videos I saw online of hair systems would lead to me having my hair loss problem solved. At first I really enjoyed it, hell my confidence skyrocketed. But then the paranoia set in. What if someone spots my hair system? What if my glue or tape loosens if I'm sweating or in serious heat (because it does)? What happens when a lady feels my hair and finds out I'm wearing a wig, they won't call it a hair system... They can easily feel the front fake hairline, its hard and very noticeable to the touch. What happens if I damage my hair system randomly? What happens if it rains (because the hair system is a dead giveaway then)?

Swimming in it would be impossible, I don't care what videos anyone has seen of guys swimming with them on, you won't be able to.

In the end, wearing a hair system became one of the most stressful things of my life. The paranoia of being outed or having a malfunction will always be there. Least it was for me. I was a norwood 5 at that point, I just buzz my head now and plan on saving up for a hair transplant. Stopping the use of a hair system made me actually enjoy my life again. I'm not happy with my hair situation, but I've made the best of it for now.

Hope this helps if anyone is thinking of getting a hair system. They can work for the right individuals, no doubting that. But the maintenance of them and the paranoia was my reasoning for stopping that.

Cheers.
    What base were you using, Lace or polyurethane? Also did you use tape or glue?

Im getting conflicting responses from other forums. Some people say its undetectable to touch and sight. i.e. the link below, guys is saying

I think it's absolutely worth it! The new hair systems are amazing, and completely undetectable if they are attached correctly.

I just recently started wearing, and although my friends have noticed that my hair looks healthier, no one has clued in that it's a hairpiece! I had one the other night actually scrutinizing my 'new' style, and brushing her hand through the front. I thought I had been busted, but she just told me I should try a bit of gel and spike it up a bit!

I would wholeheartedly recommend wearing a system as a safe and positive alternative to drugs or transplants!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=108565

I was using a Lace with tape. Had glue on the sides and back of it, tape on the front. I was a client at the very popular place in Toronto so I wasn't dealing with a crummy hair system or crappy materials. People who say it is completely undetectable are lying. Try one on yourself at a hair systems place and you'll see when you touch your head where the hairline starts, you feel it without a doubt. If someone were to touch the hair system anywhere else, they'd never know. But along the hairline, it at times can look undetectable at sight if you apply it perfectly but if they feel there or go to run their hands through your hair, they will feel it.

It was one of the reasons I stopped wearing mine, what if a girl realizes what I have while she touches me. How do I bring it up to my gf if I just started dating a girl? Because she'd find out eventually once she ran her fingers through your hair or saw you in the shower or in water. Not to mention I had a bit of a paranoia knowing at all times that I was wearing a toupee, lets not kid ourselves with calling it a hair system, it was renamed to a hair system to appeal to more men and avoid the stigma. But its still a toupee.

All I can say is if you're thinking about a hair system, try it out for yourself. If you're happy, awesome! But to say its completely undetectable is not true, you can feel it on the hairline, see it in certain elements when it is wet and sometimes you can spot it on the front a bit if not attached perfectly.

Let me know how it goes if you try one on.

Cheers