+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Quote Originally Posted by Echobass38 View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm new to all this and have just joined recently. Would just like to say GC everything looks awesome and you must be really pleased with the results. I'm 38 yrs old and have just recently noticed some thinning in my crown area. I know this is slightly off thread but i'm thinking of trying Propecia to maintain what i have. Have any of you been taking Propecia to maintain what you have? Once again your results look great GC.

Cheers
    Hello Echobass, welcome to the forums!

I have never taken propecia, but it is tempting. If it weren't for the possible side effects, then it would be a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Hello Echobass, welcome to the forums!

I have never taken propecia, but it is tempting. If it weren't for the possible side effects, then it would be a no brainer for me.
    Cheers GC

To be honest although the possible sides are an issue i'm more concerned with the amount of shedding i've been reading about. Some people shedding for up to a year with devastating results. My main issue with losing hair is that i was born with a rare bone disorder and going bald i would not look good, but its never really been a problem as i've always had a good set of hair.

I only noticed around 3 months ago that my crown looked thinner and my hair in general not as thick. It doesn't seem to have got any worse or at least i don't. I do sometimes get 3 or 4 hairs on my pillow and some in the shower but maybe it seems more than normal due increased paranoia.

Are there places where you can get a proper diagnosis for type of hairloss? Density Checks? etc. I live in the U.K in North East.

Sorry if i've whined on a little

Cheers

Cheers GC

To be honest although the possible sides are an issue i'm more concerned with the amount of shedding i've been reading about. Some people shedding for up to a year with devastating results. My main issue with losing hair is that i was born with a rare bone disorder and going bald i would not look good, but its never really been a problem as i've always had a good set of hair.

I only noticed around 3 months ago that my crown looked thinner and my hair in general not as thick. It doesn't seem to have got any worse or at least i don't. I do sometimes get 3 or 4 hairs on my pillow and some in the shower but maybe it seems more than normal due increased paranoia.

Are there places where you can get a proper diagnosis for type of hairloss? Density Checks? etc. I live in the U.K in North East.

Cheers
    Hi mate

It sounds like your hair loss is not that bad. Although propecia is controversial in that some people suffer sides, if your hair loss is worrying you I would say try it. It is mostly effective for crown loss anyway which you say is what you have. I use it - I don't think its done a great deal as all my loss is at the hair line and temples, but I don't seem to have suffered any sides. It may be delaying crown loss so I will probably continue with it.

I'm not aware of anywhere you can go to have a density check however you should be able to see a dermatologist who can advise over different types of hair loss. Perhaps hair loss is genetic in your family, or it could be stress induced.

cheers

Cheers GC

Cheers
    I will admit I know little about Propecia etc, but I think it would be advisable to speak to your G.P first and ask about it. I think you can have a blood test to check for high levels of DHT, I'm sure GarethBale can correct me if that's wrong.

If you're not getting anywhere with your G.P, as they can be useless at times, then I know of some hair clinics that will do all the checks for you such as Belgravia, but they rip people off big time. Depends how desperate you are I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    JJJJrS, I was just wondering if you still have the photos that you used for the analysis with the numbered circles? Looks like fileden was taken over and all those old links are redundant.

Please upload here if you do, just for my own archive tbh. Thanks mate.

I still have them on my hard drive. I'll try to upload them soon enough. Any good alternatives to fileden you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    I still have them on my hard drive. I'll try to upload them soon enough. Any good alternatives to fileden you would recommend?
    http://postimage.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Thanks JJ, yes postimage like Arashi said is fine, dropbox is pretty good. You should still have access to the account I made a while back.

btw, GC, did you make good shots of your recipient for day 2 ? Can we pinpoint where they implanted the grafts for day 2 only ?