X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gc83uk
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 534623
    Concerning gc83uk's 4th (!) HST procedure

- Furthermore, THE question will be, if your shaved donor area still looks "untouched" (at least almost) - from where do all the brand new hairs come from for the coverarge of such a large slick bald area?

I think that's THE point of the whole story, because -as with normal FUE- you CAN'T cover up such a large area with grafts from the donor area, without NOTICEABLE thinning of the donor area ...
    Can't argue with that.

I'll be shaving back down to a zero later this evening for a new batch of photos. So hopefully the photos will be good enough to do some serious Pre-HST4 analysis.

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
      Can't argue with that.

I'll be shaving back down to a zero later this evening for a new batch of photos. So hopefully the photos will be good enough to do some serious Pre-HST4 analysis.
      Great ! Looking forward to it !

Comment

• gc83uk
        • Nov 2011

Arashi, shaved to a 1.5 tonight in a small area to test whether or not the hair is short enough. Let me know, if you think it's unworkable I'll go a bit lower.

Comment

• Hair123
          • Mar 2013

Arashi, shaved to a 1.5 tonight in a small area to test whether or not the hair is short enough. Let me know, if you think it's unworkable I'll go a bit lower.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1exi5uou6u...test%20011.JPG
          woah, is it the top of your head? if so, dont you have those bald spots there anymore?

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1exi5uou6u...test%20011.JPG
            This is about perfect mate ! Like you stated yourself, it's a trade-off: if it's too long, hairs overlap. And if it's too short, it becomes harder to correctly count multiple hair grafts.

Very good picture, this is exactly the quality we need. Now we need of course quite a few pictures to get all the grafts in good enough detail. Linking those together can be already quite a challenge. I therefore think that it might be a good idea to use a marker to mark some dots on your scalp before shooting all the pictures. This should somewhat simply linking all the before pictures together.

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Also keep in mind that in the above picture, probably less than half of the picture is usable (the left part and bottom part is out of focus). So yep, we'll need quite a few pictures ... (maybe about 15 ?)

I think the distance from the cam to your scalp is about perfect too. Again it's the trade-off between visibility of each hair and having to deal with a zillion of pictures. I think this one is perfect.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Oh and again, before you're going to shoot the pictures, please try to get your scalp as dry as possible. I already spot some hairs that seem to cling together, which hopefully can be somewhat lessened by getting your scalp as dry as possible.

Anyway, very promising picture, if you can get all your hairs in this detail, then we're good to go

Comment

• cocacola
                  • Feb 2013

i think there is too much flash, we barely see some hair because of that.

Comment

• gc83uk
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cocacola
                    i think there is too much flash, we barely see some hair because of that.
                    It's pretty much the best I can do with the equipment I have. I don't have a filter for the camera and with the flash off it just looks terrible.

I'll try a few more things. I have also shaved it to a 1 today, seems a bit easier IMO.

Will upload some pics later.

And Arashi, the idea of putting pen/ink on my head doesn't really appeal to me sorry.

Comment

• Hair123
                      • Mar 2013

It's pretty much the best I can do with the equipment I have. I don't have a filter for the camera and with the flash off it just looks terrible.

I'll try a few more things. I have also shaved it to a 1 today, seems a bit easier IMO.

And Arashi, the idea of putting pen/ink on my head doesn't really appeal to me sorry.
                      is that pic from the top of your head? where you previously had a huge area with zero hairs on it?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hair123
                        is that pic from the top of your head? where you previously had a huge area with zero hairs on it?
                        Obviously it's his donor

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

The pic is great.

About the ink: You don't need to put on tons of ink. I'm suggesting to mark like each 'area' that's in focus with just 4 dots with a marker. If you're not comfortable doing that, it's ok of course but I think it will be a bit harder to link all pictures together. But we'll see.

Comment

• didi
                            • Nov 2011

What area of scalp is he going to cover and how many grafts?

Is it gonna be last procedure?

Comment

• Winston
                              • Mar 2009

Please keep this thread on topic. Inappropriate, incendiary and offensive posts will be removed. Please refer to our Forum Posing Rules & Terms of Service.

Comment

• gc83uk
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by didi
                                What area of scalp is he going to cover and how many grafts?

Is it gonna be last procedure?
                                The same area as last time and also a little in the front.

Having approx 1400.

I've just taken some photos of my donor, decided to try my camera phone, let me know thoughts on whether we should stick with the original camera or go ahead with this one. It seems to have a better contrast when using the flash.

Comment

Working...