+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    ok thanks for the info. I might try out the samsung tomorrow too, just for comparison sake. I have a drop box account which I'm openly sharing with a few people on here. I've just uploaded some pics to a folder called Test Set.

It also includes the photos which Nigam sent me from Toms case and also a load of older photos I took from my last HST.

The photos in the 'Test' folder are not my best photos, I just wanted to show where i'm up to with recipient and to confirm what I already knew, that the current hair length is too long for any meaningful analysis.

If you want details of the account then let me know.

Oh and feel free to fly over and take the photos or meet me in London on 10th Sept.
    I'd love to come down, but that would cost me an arm and a leg.

One question: Can you take photos of the recipient area BEFORE the HST procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'd love to come down, but that would cost me an arm and a leg.

One question: Can you take photos of the recipient area BEFORE the HST procedure?
    Login to dropbox, I've just done some of the recipient area.

! I usually get really close the scalp, maybe 4 inches away to ensure good focus on the end result, however when I take a shot from say 8 inches away, I just can't get the clarity I want with this Nikon. Is that down to the megapixels/resolution?
    Agreed that the less shots the better BUT clarity has to be good enough for analysis. I just looked at the test photo's you've shot and I'd love to see just a bit more clarity. If it can't be attained from this distance, then we'll just have to get the camera a bit closer and manage more photo's.

Also the hair is a bit too long. The less overlap hairs have the better so I'm hoping you're willing to shave it down a bit.

Oh and by the way, you must be really exited !! What a difference with your initial situation man, congratulations ! Can't wait to see the result after your next procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Oh and by the way, you must be really exited !! What a difference with your initial situation man, congratulations ! Can't wait to see the result after your next procedure
    Cheers mate.

Yea I agree on what you've said about those photos. I'm just playing around with those, plus wanted people to see my hairline and old linear scars in my donor, just so people know what we're working with as a whole.

Hair will be same length as original photos. I'll probably shave it tomorrow. I prefer it a bit longer like I have now, but it's the only way to get proper shots.

The only thing that concerns me about having the hair really short is the hairs can sometimes stick together almost, which can sometimes appear as a 1 hair, when infact it could quite easily be 2 hairs. Not much we can do about that though!

Login to dropbox, I've just done some of the recipient area.
    Can you post the link to your dropbox?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Can you post the link to your dropbox?
    Done

Let me know once you've got it, cos I'll be deleting this comment.
    GOT IT! Thanks!

The only thing that concerns me about having the hair really short is the hairs can sometimes stick together almost, which can sometimes appear as a 1 hair, when infact it could quite easily be 2 hairs. Not much we can do about that though!
    The only thing you can do is to make sure that your skin is as 'dry' as possible before taking the photo's. You could try a skin cleaner product designed for oily skin and after washing just rub it with a towel as dry as possible. It also ensures better photo's since oil on skin causes more light reflections (this I also noticed while taking pictures of my own scalp so I did myself what I just suggested and that worked great).

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    The only thing you can do is to make sure that your skin is as 'dry' as possible before taking the photo's. You could try a skin cleaner product designed for oily skin and after washing just rub it with a towel as dry as possible. It also ensures better photo's since oil on skin causes more light reflections (this I also noticed while taking pictures of my own scalp so I did myself what I just suggested and that worked great).
    Perhaps an exfoliating cream before showering? Removes the top most layer of useless skin and showering will reduce sebum from the scalp for about 30 or so minutes?