+ Reply to Thread

Default Buzzing Vs Longer Hair

If my hairline thinning leaves the appearance of a thinning hairline at the roots, but the follicles are still thick enough in majority to maintain a normal appearance at the ends of the follicles, would buzzing it down shorter hide this thinning root appearance?

I don't really have any way of knowing unless I buzz it down, but I can't put it back on if there is no improvement :P

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    If my hairline thinning leaves the appearance of a thinning hairline at the roots, but the follicles are still thick enough in majority to maintain a normal appearance at the ends of the follicles, would buzzing it down shorter hide this thinning root appearance?

I don't really have any way of knowing unless I buzz it down, but I can't put it back on if there is no improvement :P
    Shorter hair makes your hair appear less thin, which is why thinning hair doesn't look so good when people grow it out. When you buzz your hair the stubble appears to be thicker than when you grow your hair out. If you do buzz it keep at grade 2 at the longest.

If you have the headshape, you might as well buzz it. I have a shit-tier skull shape, so I'm boned if treatment fails me.

I buzz my head more out of necessity than choice. Not enough hair on my head to grow it out. I am pretty much just treating my hair loss to keep from going slick bald. I have kept my expectations pretty low for regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I buzz my head more out of necessity than choice. Not enough hair on my head to grow it out. I am pretty much just treating my hair loss to keep from going slick bald. I have kept my expectations pretty low for regrowth.

I wont do slick bald maybe one day in the far future but not anytime soon to much hassle i dont even clean shave my face but i like having beards anyway...i just be buzzing for now i like it so thats all what matters long at the moment though i get lazy.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I also depends on the skin color and hair characteristics and color. The only real way to find what looks good for is to try it.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

It depends on your hairline too, I find the buzz works great for diffuse thinners but if you are anw3 guy with thick hair otherwise the buzz only accentuates the balding. In general though even with a high hairline the closer to the skin you go the less noticeable the hairloss.