+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I read:

I'm NW2 in my early twenties and think my life is over.
    I still have my hair and I think I know my head shape without having actually seen it.
    I can't take minox because I read on the forums that it causes wrinkles.

Hair loss won't prevent you from living a fulfilling life or from dating. Tracy is the only one right here.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I read:

I still have my hair and I think I know my head shape without having actually seen it.

Hair loss won't prevent you from living a fulfilling life or from dating. Tracy is the only one right here.
    Oh bro you have it so wrong.

Im a NW2 now heading to a NW6 before 30
    I have seen my head shape as I have shaved it a few times before even with a blade and it was bad.
    I can't take Minox because of a heart condition that I have. I have been on Minox for a year because I thought **** it and the outcome was bad.

See OPs original post for your last comment. I pray that you make it also.

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    I'm just like you bro. I'm in my early twenties and diffuse thinning and a NW2. I also have a weird head shape of peace and unity. Its reaching the point where I can't hide it anymore. I refuse to take Fin (I can write a whole essay about this) and I can't take minoxidil for medical reasons. This leaves me with just Niz 2% which does f all. I'm hoping dermarolling with CB 03 01 is a breakthrough for me to make it. I want to make it bro, I hope we all do. I pray everyday that we all make it.
    Dude I understand your concerns but you want to get on fin at the least. Every antiandrogen treatment besides dut/fin is a crap shoot. If you want to experiment it needs to be against a background of proven meds (keto 2% is solid, but not enough by itself as you have already said)

Also you are a diffuse thinner, you will probably respond well to meds. In fact a sweet response to fin+keto was the ONLY thing that got my life back on track. Benzos, antidepressants, therapy could not come close.

Hair loss won't prevent you from living a fulfilling life or from dating.
    It can definitely hinder those things, especially if you are under 40

It can hinder those things you're right, but keep in mind that it will be your choice.

I read:

I buzzed my head when I was 16 and had two people explicitly tell me my head shape was weird. I remember not cutting my hair for almost two years after that, and being so happy I could hide my head shape.

Life isn't over when you go bald, even if you're young. But it really sucks and affects your appearance - bottom line. Being bald and having hair are *not* the same. If it were, people wouldn't spend thousands of dollars trying to hide it. I mean it isn't even debatable really.

It can hinder those things you're right, but keep in mind that it will be your choice.
    Now you're just being delusional. You *really* think going bald in your early twenties won't affect which girls like you, and to what degree they do so?

I'll reply to that with a picture of my hair. Remember that I am 23 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Now you're just being delusional. You *really* think going bald in your early twenties won't affect which girls like you, and to what degree they do so?
    Yeah this is the problem. It can be an issue for some women right through their 30s or even beyond.

A few NW levels can be the difference between taking a girl home & watching her run back to her friends giggling. Some clubs and bars can be like high school

Hard to tell from that 1 picture but your skullshape actually looks pretty solid. Consider yourself lucky because most of us do not get that.

Dude, you have a great head shape. I would trade so fast.

Many adult men are Norwood III and that does not stop them from living a full and happy life. Norwood II is nothing unless you are transgendered and plan to transition to female someday.

This is largely fear mongering. Many women need to use Minoxidil. If this actually was a common side effect women would never touch the stuff - or even go anywhere near it.

Hair loss won't prevent you from living a fulfilling life or from dating.
    Men have been living long happy fulfilling lives for thousands of years in spite of their hair loss. It has been done, I can still be done and it will continue to be done.

Karl Pilkington is that you?

You have a good head shape.