+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Anyone tried igrow?

I've read a post in facebook talking about a laser treatment called igrow.
    It's a helmet-like device which is FDA approved.
    I dunno it's an old news or newly approved.
    Has anyone tried it?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi there Hairismylife ,
    Laser treatment for hair loss is not new. I know there are plenty of members and docs out there who are very positive about its usage.
    I am one of those who have no confidence in its efficacy at all.
    I have seen a couple of scientists' reviews to laser therapy use.
    I feel that if laser does do anything for hair loss, it would be quite minimal at best.
    What does everyone else think?

Been using for a year,in my opinion waste of money.Wish i had my 650 dollars back.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi there Hairismylife ,
    I am one of those who have no confidence in its efficacy at all.
    I have seen a couple of scientists' reviews to laser therapy use.
    I feel that if laser does do anything for hair loss, it would be quite minimal at best.
    I posted this couple of days ago but seems no one has interest in this study
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/w0...f/dsu12200.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Has anyone tried it?
    I've never tried the iGrow myself but I did read that it finally received FDA clearance for safety and efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I've been using the Hairmax Laser Comb since November of 2007. I feel it is helpful. It improves the hair that you have in a few different ways. I am not convince that it can make hair grow from patches of scalp that are completely void of hair. Through talking and texting with others who have tried LLLT, I feel that this treatment is not as beneficial for men as it is for women. It seems that if a male sees any benefit at all, it is very minimal at best. In contrast women have seen much more benefit from this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by mari0s View Post
    I posted this couple of days ago but seems no one has interest in this study.
    I find it interesting. What I find most interesting is that although those who are evaluating the study subjects through various means are able to see improvement in the subjects from the LLLT group, the study subjects themselves from the LLLT group are not able to see a difference. I find that very interesting indeed.

We see ourselves in the mirror every day. Changes that happen over a long period of time are not noticeable when we look at ourselves every day. That is why it is so important to take good quality photos from the very start. Then continue to take good quality photos every four to six months during treatment. Otherwise it is impossible for anyone to accurately judge if a treatment is actually working for them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I find it interesting. What I find most interesting is that although those who are evaluating the study subjects through various means are able to see improvement in the subjects from the LLLT group, the study subjects themselves from the LLLT group are not able to see a difference. I find that very interesting indeed.

We see ourselves in the mirror every day. Changes that happen over a long period of time are not noticeable when we look at ourselves every day. That is why it is so important to take good quality photos from the very start. Then continue to take good quality photos every four to six months during treatment. Otherwise it is impossible for anyone to accurately judge if a treatment is actually working for them or not.
    Positive changes that take so long that even the most subtle of improvements can't be determined means that the treatment is not worth it and a waste of time. However if your talking about maintenance then thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    Positive changes that take so long that even the most subtle of improvements can't be determined means that the treatment is not worth it and a waste of time.
    That is absolutely not true - and it highlights the difference in attitudes between men and women about many things, not just treating hereditary hair loss. Men want it all and they want it yesterday. Women will take any and all the help they can get, no matter how small because we know every little bit matters. That is a very profound difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is absolutely not true - and it highlights the difference in attitudes between men and women about many things, not just treating hereditary hair loss. Men want it all and they want it yesterday. Women will take any and all the help they can get, no matter how small because we know every little bit matters. That is a very profound difference.
    Sweeping generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Sweeping generalization.
    It is far more accurate than you and many others will ever be willing to admit. You and the others are unable to see the forest for the trees.