Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesperateOne
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by doke
    if you have not heard of overmachogrande you have not heard anything hes been about on hair forums many years anyway he has info on building your own helmet if your electrical minded search for omg laser helmets and you should find his site i also think he has his own hairloss website which is very good at http://www.worldhairloss.org

des check out his videos on you tube he makes his own benonite clay for cleaning the scalp i also make my own which is easy to make with apple cider vin and some tea tree oil i think he has a helmet on you tube as well as on his site.
    Thanks I will looks for it online when I get on my pc, on phone right now. I simply can't spend $500, I don't have the money so I tend to build my own stuff. Or is someone here willing to donate an extra laser treatment they have to spare?

Comment

• DesperateOne
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Tracy C
      I have seen quite a few youtube videos that describe how to make one - and I myself am more than capable of doing so. However the laser I am using is the older corded 9-laser version Hairmax. I've been using it since November of 2007 and as long as it continues to work I do not intend to bother with anything else. If it does stop working though, I will likely consider the igrow as a replacement since it has not been FDA cleared.

Keep in mind that in spite of what is often said in hair loss forums. including this one, manufacturers of these laser devices need to prove both safety and efficacy in order to achieve FDA clearance.
      Since you're on so many things, I don't see how you would be able to know it was the laser and not something like spiro not working anymore.

I know from the past with many meds and devices that the dosage is always very low to do anything significant. The best for the DIY laser is to put a potentiometer to regulate the intensity. Anyways, I have never trusted the FDA but you have a point Tracy. By the way, did you end up finding work?

Comment

• LevonHelms
        • Jul 2013

Have you guys seen this;
        Theradome™ is the First and Only FDA OTC Cleared Wearable Clinical-Strength Laser Hair Therapy for Home Use | Check out 'Theradome Laser Helmet' on Indiegogo.

Right now it's just cleared for women, they're expecting fda clearance for men in early 2014 I believe.

Comment

• thinningTooSoon
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LevonHelms
          Have you guys seen this;
          Theradome™ is the First and Only FDA OTC Cleared Wearable Clinical-Strength Laser Hair Therapy for Home Use | Check out 'Theradome Laser Helmet' on Indiegogo.

Right now it's just cleared for women, they're expecting fda clearance for men in early 2014 I believe.
          I emailed them, apparently the inventor claims to have cured his own hairloss using this device...

Comment

• DesperateOne
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by thinningTooSoon
            I emailed them, apparently the inventor claims to have cured his own hairloss using this device...
            I don't understand why is this only marketed for women. It looks good, however, they spilled the beans, we can do this on your home. It seems the only difference seems to be that the rest use LED's while these guys claim to use lasers. I really don't know the difference in price range, but I know that lasers are always cooler .

Okay I read and they are getting cleared for men soon, I think I might have to buy this one instead of building my own. It can be a night mare trying to build your own stuff, I remember when I was building my own TDCS device. Not to mention it's not super expensive, I will make an order once I have some cash. Haha, just read that only people with small heads might not be able to fit well no it, they're going to have to fill in the gaps with pads.
            Last edited by DesperateOne; 09-08-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: nvm, I read the FQA

Comment

• doke
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by thinningTooSoon
              many thanks thinning seems interesting but i notice they have an offer until end november 2013 and the full price is expensive but a helmet is more relaxing to use than hand held,by the way the spencer forrest x5 also has not got fda approval due to the trials they had it was not that successful even though it has 15 lasers which is more than my hairmax?

Comment

• DesperateOne
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by doke
                many thanks thinning seems interesting but i notice they have an offer until end november 2013 and the full price is expensive but a helmet is more relaxing to use than hand held,by the way the spencer forrest x5 also has not got fda approval due to the trials they had it was not that successful even though it has 15 lasers which is more than my hairmax?
                Be a good norwood brother and buy 2 yeah? One for me and one for you. Actually, now that I see it, they have a reduced price for 5 around $2k dollars, that's very cheap for now. Maybe we can make a group buy and get the 5 helmets deal and split the bill, anyone?

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DesperateOne
                  Since you're on so many things, I don't see how you would be able to know it was the laser and not something like spiro not working anymore.
                  The answer is very simple. I did not go on everything all at once. I started with the laser comb and nothing else for the first six months. I saw improvement and that proved to me that my hair loss could be treated, so I moved on to add Rogaine. Six months after that I went on Spiro. I've been on that regimen ever since. My sister and cousins are on similar regimens and all are using the laser comb from Hairmax.

Anyways, I have never trusted the FDA but you have a point Tracy. By the way, did you end up finding work?
                  My feeling about that is I trust the FDA more than I trust strangers on an online forum.

Yes I did find work. I've been back to work for almost three months now.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

I don't understand why is this only marketed for women.
                    My best guess would be maybe because LLLT seems to work better for women than for men. Not sure exactly why but that does seem to be the case.

Comment

• LevonHelms
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Tracy C
                      My best guess would be maybe because LLLT seems to work better for women than for men. Not sure exactly why but that does seem to be the case.
                      They address this in the faq, stating that they felt there was a void in the fpb market they should capitalize on before seeking approval for mpb. Makes sense, they're most likely envisioning a sale to hair salons everywhere, lol.
                      I saw some modest results with the hairmax, so I jumped on the dome at the $375 mark. If nothing else it will be less of a pain the ass to use. Better results would be nice though..

Anyone want to buy a hairmax?
                      Last edited by LevonHelms; 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM. Reason: sale!

Comment

• doke
                        • Jun 2009

Be a good norwood brother and buy 2 yeah? One for me and one for you. Actually, now that I see it, they have a reduced price for 5 around $2k dollars, that's very cheap for now. Maybe we can make a group buy and get the 5 helmets deal and split the bill, anyone?
                        hi des you are saying get 5 for $2 but thats $400 a piece can we not get a bigger discount as they are under $400 at this time? first check out konftec as they used to sell the aculas laser which was good and also there helmets are better quality company as they have been in the market a long time also they compair there laser power against other products and they seem to come out on top unless you can make your own.
                        Also check out the lazerfish web site he now makes a helmet and also a powerful hand held laser that you can attach to a mike stand and sit and let the laser work on scalp this is a bit cheaper than helmet.

Comment

• doke
                          • Jun 2009

I have nothing to do with therse companies but i thought the link to there sites may save you searching and also quite interesting but think well before jumping the gun and buying as they can be expensive as said des we need to get a group buy discount here are the links http://www.konftec.com and lazerfish web site http://www.lllt-therapy.com he is an american but lives in japan and he always answed my questions and seems a nice guy as omg is as well.

Comment

Working...