+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I received some photos from a guy that had a procedure using some beard grafts in addition to scalp FUE. He has black hair and an olive complexion.

He sent these photos after he got back from the beach this summer and although his face had a nice deep tan to it, the extraction sites were noticeable because of the wide contrast between them. Moreso under his cheeks.

Otherwise for most, the extraction sites can hardly be detected.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I received some photos from a guy that had a procedure using some beard grafts in addition to scalp FUE. He has black hair and an olive complexion.

He sent these photos after he got back from the beach this summer and although his face had a nice deep tan to it, the extraction sites were noticeable because of the wide contrast between them. Moreso under his cheeks.

Otherwise for most, the extraction sites can hardly be detected.
    thanks Gil.... good info. I have heard about the tanning issue. Any chance you can crop those photos to show just the area to visualize?

For the most part, I have only heard the extraction sites are undetectable. If I have to sacrifice a tan face for a few days in exchange for a normal looking head without the detectability of these scars, I'd make that trade every day.

You're welcome northeastguy,

I do not have his permission to do so and I did ask him to put up his pics back then but he does not post. I comply with all privacy laws too. I have received other pics from guys who have similar hair color and complexions that had the same problems with scalp FUE when they buzzed their scalps in the summer. Some are more noticeable than others.

Hard to say how much the larger punch sizes attributed to this and/or the individual variances within the composite of the scar matter itself. Some extraction sites can appear more white in color than others. Could it also be a variance in blood flow in scar tissue? Maybe a combination of these factors.

Another guy had a previous strip scar before his scalp FUE. His strip scar could be readily seen, even more so than his healed extraction sites. You may remember several guys who had put up their pics on several forums when FUE was really buzzing the hair loss communities.

But we do not see this scarring as much today and I believe that it is due to the smaller punches and better proficiency in the manual technique. I am a believer in ACELL and PRP for healing purposes but again everyone responds differently.

And speaking of that, it is always refreshing to see your update pics northeastguy. Truly some awesome results as you continue your journey. And I too would readily trade-off your stupendous results for some tan!

Congrats again my friend...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gill! I always value your opinion and appreciate the support. More to come my friend and hopefully this will wrap up the FUE.

this is a 30 day post image comparison from the beard test we did last month. I think its pretty safe to say the scarring will be minimal at most. Its enough proof for me to make it a go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	30 day beard test.jpg

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	24469  

northeastguy,

I just read your repair plan again and you are definitely on the right track my friend.

You are slowly but surely getting there and wish you the best yields with minimal scarring with the beard grafts...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net