Beard donor scaring - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Default Beard donor scaring

    I'd like to see this thread used to display the DONOR results from using beard hair for FUE. Photo's, experience, healing, anything associated with the donor results.
    There's a couple guys here who have graciously provided their results on other threads (topcat and ejj come to mind.... and thank you). It would be helpful for those heading down this road to find a lot of information and get educated from one thread.

    This is an opportunity for Md's to post their patients results and discuss their experience as well. If your an MD that does facial hair FUE, the soapbox is yours as well.

  2. #2
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    I'd like to see this thread used to display the DONOR results from using beard hair for FUE. Photo's, experience, healing, anything associated with the donor results.
    There's a couple guys here who have graciously provided their results on other threads (topcat and ejj come to mind.... and thank you). It would be helpful for those heading down this road to find a lot of information and get educated from one thread.

    This is an opportunity for Md's to post their patients results and discuss their experience as well. If your an MD that does facial hair FUE, the soapbox is yours as well.
    Below is our repair patient who had 2700 beard grafts removed. The beard area heals remarkably well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	beard-extractions.jpg

Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	22585  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Default

    .75 punch and extracted via CIT. Post care involved cleaning with soap and water and a consistent application of Neosporin a few times a day. I'll update at day 7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	beard test.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	24022  

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default

    My experience with BHT from beard:

    I had 2400 beard grafts in two separate sessions by one year time with Dr Bisanga.

    Healing is more than perfect. No scars, no signs of surgery, just normal skin after wet shaving. Only precaution according my Drīs post op instructions is not shaving until 2 weeks post surgery that I did 3 weeks post to be in the very safe side.

    In Donor area the only consequence is a decreased density of beard hairs where the grafts where extracted...

    About yield, I am still in the waiting time after my second surgery, only 2 months post op. But I have noticed that there are few beard hairs that grew just after shedding and with a thick diammetre.

    I wonder about waiting time to see beard grafts sprouting is longer or shorter than scalp hair...

    I wonder also why is beard hair always extracted below chin?, is it neccesary to have bone support for a proper extraction, is not possible to extract from areas like neck?...

    I would be also interested to read some Drīs feedback.

    Best regrowth to all of you.

  5. #5
    Member wylie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    What I would like to see is some pictures of actual scarring from beard extraction. I've yet to see any pictures of someone claiming they have scarring from beard extractions.

    Since there are no documented cases of beard donor scarring, why does this myth of scarring persist?

    I will add that I had 500 extracted Sept. 9th and still have a few bumps under the chin, not really noticeable though, although I can feel them. I was prescribed a topical ointment (erythromycin) for it but have only used it a few times. I expect these ingrown hairs to resolve themselves, as they have in the past.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I am pretty sure, after two procedures in my beard area, that general rule is NO SCARRING in face for mayority of people. I think the beard skin is the toughest and its capacity to recover is better than any other.

    About yield I have my concerns still of how much can be expected.
    Dr Cole stated about 80 per cent and made an advise of using low densities in order to maximies yield. I also saw a sucessful case of Mwamba where he decided to make sessions of 20 graft per sq cm in the interest of yield. I am curious about other Drīs opinion who master this field like Dr Umar, Dr Woods...my Dr did not mention anything about although I did not ask him in that moment either.

    As I started, healing in beard skin with proper Drīs hands is perfect and no scarring should be expected. This is my experience.

  7. #7
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gallovolador View Post
    I am pretty sure, after two procedures in my beard area, that general rule is NO SCARRING in face for mayority of people. I think the beard skin is the toughest and its capacity to recover is better than any other.

    About yield I have my concerns still of how much can be expected.
    Dr Cole stated about 80 per cent and made an advise of using low densities in order to maximies yield. I also saw a sucessful case of Mwamba where he decided to make sessions of 20 graft per sq cm in the interest of yield. I am curious about other Drīs opinion who master this field like Dr Umar, Dr Woods...my Dr did not mention anything about although I did not ask him in that moment either.

    As I started, healing in beard skin with proper Drīs hands is perfect and no scarring should be expected. This is my experience.
    According to everything I have seen, beard area healing is even better than scalp donor healing. A while back we had a German dermatologist visiting us. During our discussion of donor healing, he stated this superior healing is due to more blood vessels and better overall circulation in the face and neck area.

    35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:51 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    What I would like to see is some pictures of actual scarring from beard extraction. I've yet to see any pictures of someone claiming they have scarring from beard extractions.

    Since there are no documented cases of beard donor scarring, why does this myth of scarring persist?

    I will add that I had 500 extracted Sept. 9th and still have a few bumps under the chin, not really noticeable though, although I can feel them. I was prescribed a topical ointment (erythromycin) for it but have only used it a few times. I expect these ingrown hairs to resolve themselves, as they have in the past.
    wylie you make a great point. I have yet to see 1 documented case where an individual had negative results in terms of healing.

    Lot of great input here and hopefully it helps others out there looking for information on beard grafting. As far as my test patch, it can't be seen at all. I really feel keeping the site super clean for the first few days and applying Neosporin throughout the day made all the difference.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Default 9 Days post beard test procedure

    Here is a 9 day comparison for the Beard test.

    Photo 1- pre procedure

    Photo 2- same day of procedure

    Photo 3- 9 days post

    Second image is of the 9th day only. it allows for zooming in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9 day beard comparison.jpg

Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	24160   Click image for larger version

Name:	beard test 9 day post.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	24161  

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Default

    And a 9 day post shaven view...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9 days post shaven.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	24172  

Similar Threads

  1. Use of body and beard donor hair in surgical treatment of androgenic alopecia
    By Dr A's Clinic in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 03:43 AM
  2. Use of body and beard donor hair in surgical treatment of androgenic alopecia- IJPS
    By Dr A's Clinic in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 01:42 AM
  3. Dr. Jeffrey Epstein / Post-Op FUE Procedure with Beard Donor Site
    By Jeffrey Epstein, MD in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 04:04 AM
  4. HT and scaring?
    By thiningteen in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Dr Rahal Video Presentation - 2616 Grafts - FUT
Today 03:37 AM
by mattj
Last Post By mattj
Today 03:37 AM
Dr Rahal - 2616 Grafts - FUT
Today 03:34 AM
by mattj
Last Post By mattj
Today 03:34 AM
Experienced Finasteride help?
03-31-2018 11:24 AM
by Ben28
Last Post By robincurtz
Today 03:11 AM
hair loss poem
08-25-2016 11:26 AM
by yarmen
Last Post By agariogames
Today 12:51 AM
Careers
04-25-2010 03:56 PM
Last Post By Ahab
Yesterday 11:47 PM
link between dermatitis and propecia?
08-18-2015 08:29 AM
by Alex88
Last Post By BaldBearded
Yesterday 11:22 PM