Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Trico-pigmentation in US

I'd like to see this thread used to display current results of those clinics in the US who are now offering Trico-pigmentation or semi-permanent SMP comparable to the technique used by Beauty Medical in Milan. Shapiro Medical group, Hasson and Wong, and Feller Medical are now offering this technique. If your a client, please post what work you have had done. If your a clinic, here is an opportunity to show your work. It would also be nice to hear about the technicians.... who they are and what experience they have.

So far the discussion and information about this technique on these forums has been lackluster at best. It's time to step it up, educate, and provide real results.

there's no question Trico-pigmentation has a the potential to be an alternative to those who are not Transplant candidate's, but mostly for those dealing with scars whether its from strip or FUE.

NEG,

Just to correct you - Feller Medical are not offering or performing SMP.

A veteran poster "Hairthere" however who is a Dr Feller repair HT patient is opening up a clinic very soon in the NY area.

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

We are hoping for a September opening with our first clinic located on Long Island. Once we are ready we will post plenty of results....stay tuned!

Thanks for clarifying Spex....

Hairthere, thanks for the update. looking forward to seeing this happen. Will your clinic be offering the exact process Beauty Medical is using? Ink? equipment? One of the aspects of Trico that intrigues me is the size of the needle. What can you tell me about the size difference between what Milena uses and that of HIS which is permanent. One of the more unfortunate consistencies I notice about SMP is either the dots are to large or they create a uniform bluish grey color over the area. Whether this is due to the dots being too close and bleeding together, i'm not sure.

Northeast, Yes, I studied under Milena and will be using her equipment and pigments. As far as the needle size/pigment that HIS uses, I can't really comment because I don't know. I do know that the difference between Milena's SMP and tattoo has to do with the depth we work at, and the size/shape of the particles in our pigment versus ink. Our needles work on the upper part of the dermis, while tattoo works on the lower part. Milena's pigment contains particles that are all uniform in shape and size (round, 15 micros and smaller) whereas tattoo ink particles are various shapes and larger size (20 micros and up). The body's cell defense system cannot "eat" particles larger than 20 micros whereas the 15 it has no problem with. That is why Milena's pigment fades.

While needle size does have a lot to do with the size of the dots, it is also the technique you employ that effects the size. If you hold the machine in one spot too long, the dots can increase in size as the pigment can blow out. That's why it takes a lot of practice to get the technique consistent. We also mix our pigments with a jellymaker that keeps the particles compact and prevents the pigment from spreading.

Hope this info is useful.

Good stuff hairthere! I think a few more things others might question are:

- what is the ink comprised of. Safety?
    - is there the ability to adjust inks color?
    - are hairlines handled similar to a transplant where the first cm or so has less density, irregular pattern and increase in corsness or as it pertains to ink, dots get more detailed or darker?
    - how well does the semi-permanent ink take to scars? Will it have the same risk of Perminent ink which sometimes may bleed into surrounding tissue causing a blotchy look?

Thanks!

- what is the ink comprised of. Safety?

I don't have my notes with me so I can't give you the exact composition, but the pigment is all-natural, biocompatible, and is composed of minerals. (I can be more specific when I get my notebook.) The reason it's non-allergenic is that each particle has a liquid coating which prevents it from coming into contact with the body.

- is there the ability to adjust inks color?

Yes, there are a few different "stock" colors that range from light brown to dark brown with varieties of warmth, and we can adjust colors manually as well with a color-corrector pigment.

- are hairlines handled similar to a transplant where the first cm or so has less density, irregular pattern and increase in corsness or as it pertains to ink, dots get more detailed or darker?

Yes, the best way to achieve a natural appearance is to make the hairline less dense. There are three zones we treat in terms of density, and there are a few tricks we learn to apply that achieve different fades. Of course every head is different and should be treated uniquely.

- how well does the semi-permanent ink take to scars? Will it have the same risk of Perminent ink which sometimes may bleed into surrounding tissue causing a blotchy look?

The optimal scar type to treat are the flat, white, wide ones. Keloids and concave are generally not treatable. Again, this will vary from case to case, and the best approach is to perform a test patch on the scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairthere View Post
    Northeast, Yes, I studied under Milena and will be using her equipment and pigments. As far as the needle size/pigment that HIS uses, I can't really comment because I don't know. I do know that the difference between Milena's SMP and tattoo has to do with the depth we work at, and the size/shape of the particles in our pigment versus ink. Our needles work on the upper part of the dermis, while tattoo works on the lower part. Milena's pigment contains particles that are all uniform in shape and size (round, 15 micros and smaller) whereas tattoo ink particles are various shapes and larger size (20 micros and up). The body's cell defense system cannot "eat" particles larger than 20 micros whereas the 15 it has no problem with. That is why Milena's pigment fades.

While needle size does have a lot to do with the size of the dots, it is also the technique you employ that effects the size. If you hold the machine in one spot too long, the dots can increase in size as the pigment can blow out. That's why it takes a lot of practice to get the technique consistent. We also mix our pigments with a jellymaker that keeps the particles compact and prevents the pigment from spreading.

Hope this info is useful.
    Hairthere, could you post some pics of smp in thinning hair?

I would like to transplant a lot of my donor area to the top using pilofocus (if I go nw6) and then have smp into the sides and keep my sides buzzed at a 1 guard weekly....so I would be interested in seeing what SMP can do to give density with hair in the region already...

Yes, once we are open for business we will post pics of customers with SMP into thinning areas.

Thanks hairthere for all the great info. Good stuff here. I think we are all looking forward to seeing photos in the upcoming months.