Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think the possibilities for SMP into donor area of pilofocus or into thin hair areas is the most exciting thing...

look at the examples of smp in thinning areas of hair on beautymedical.it

@NEguy, No problem.

Fear, I myself had SMP into a thinning crown and it looked great. My results are posted on this forum actually....
    Last edited by Winston; 08-27-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Violation of TOS - Please refer to our posting policies

Quote Originally Posted by Hairthere View Post
    @NEguy, No problem.

Fear, I myself had SMP into a thinning crown and it looked great. My results are posted on this forum actually....
    Yes I saw yours too..incredible.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I believe SMP has potential. I have seen some terrible hairlines showcased on the front page of Websites representing companies that do SMP though. If I were considering SMP, I would have the artist do a small test area. A good SMP must simulate hair barely emerging from the scalp. The color must of course match and the "dots" must be tiny. In the work I have seen, the "dots" were simply too large in diameter and only looked natural from a distance. Get up close and you see dots instead of an accurate simulation of hair emerging from the scalp. Not sure if current technology just isn't able to prevent the dots from spreading out or what. One day soon perhaps, 3d printers may be able to generate a solid tattoo substance from a patient's own body tissue that won't be rejected, causing an immune reaction when placed under the skin. Take a look at some of the SMP websites and tell me if you think the low, straight-across hairlines look natural.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:42 PM.

3d printers may be able to generate a solid tattoo substance from a patient's own body tissue that won't be rejected, causing an immune reaction when placed under the skin.
    The ink used in our clinic, and that of other clinics trained by Milena, does not cause a rejection response in the body. They are hypoallergenic and by EU law do not contain metal oxides.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I believe SMP has potential. I have seen some terrible hairlines showcased on the front page of Websites representing companies that do SMP though. If I were considering SMP, I would have the artist do a small test area. A good SMP must simulate hair barely emerging from the scalp. The color must of course match and the "dots" must be tiny. In the work I have seen, the "dots" were simply too large in diameter and only looked natural from a distance. Get up close and you see dots instead of an accurate simulation of hair emerging from the scalp. Not sure if current technology just isn't able to prevent the dots from spreading out or what. One day soon perhaps, 3d printers may be able to generate a solid tattoo substance from a patient's own body tissue that won't be rejected, causing an immune reaction when placed under the skin. Take a look at some of the SMP websites and tell me if you think the low, straight-across hairlines look natural.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    If we were refering to the standard SMP offered by places like HIS, AC, or any other permanent ink procedure, I'd say your spot on. However, trico is differant and I have yet to hear of a complaint regarding dot size or blotching. My stance on using this form of treatment still stands as an option to increase the look of density or help blend scarring. I would never consider using it as a base for a hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    The ink used in our clinic, and that of other clinics trained by Milena, does not cause a rejection response in the body. They are hypoallergenic and by EU law do not contain metal oxides.
    Hey Jotronic, just some questions from the shaved effect thread which I've been following closely! I am considering a procedure for temporary SMP this year or next.

I'm young, diffuse thinning, want to get this done, shave my head, stop worrying about this **** since meds don't seem to suit me. My main questions/concerns are:

-Since I still have a decent head of hair, how does applying temporary SMP fit in with that?
    -It seems like it should enhance the effect, but does the SMP damage the existing follicles at all or hinder new growth?
    - Can I keep applying medications (topical minox, maybe some experimental topicals as well) over the SMP so that I can perhaps maintain my hair while having SMP to improve the shaved look at the thinned out areas?
    - As the SMP fades, will it start looking odd 1.5 years in or so?
    -Any known toxicity issues? And in your opinion, if I keep it shaved to a zero guard, will people be able to tell given that I do still have hair all over my head?
    -I know HIS does three+ sessions at least, sometimes over many months. With your temporary SMP, how do you plan the sessions/touch ups etc, does it make it inconvenient?

I would prefer temporary over permanent but I'm just sure about the logistics of it yet.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    If we were refering to the standard SMP offered by places like HIS, AC, or any other permanent ink procedure, I'd say your spot on. However, trico is differant and I have yet to hear of a complaint regarding dot size or blotching. My stance on using this form of treatment still stands as an option to increase the look of density or help blend scarring. I would never consider using it as a base for a hairline.
    Tricopigmentazione
    May be the procedure you are referring to. Their photos look better than most I've seen. I would like to see some large up-close pictures of some heads.

Below, I attached a side by side photo of our patient who had SMP several years ago. As his hair continued to thin on top, the SMP appeared less natural up close. As a solution, he had 2103 grafts placed in the frontal area.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:42 PM.

The tattoo artist who has his name watermarked across the Tricopigmentation photos does some decent looking tattoos as well. As you can see this guy is an artist and an artist is exactly what you need to have scars concealed or hair simulated.

Toni's Website

Toni's Tricopigmentation Photos
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:41 PM.

So would you say this procedure is much better suited for defuse thinners? Approx how much does it cost to get a defuse thinner the top of the scalp done? I am interested because I might get one if the price is right