+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Pilofocus honest discussion

If you really think about it, if Pilofocus is what it has been described to be so far, we will have a dramatic revolution in the ht industry. Just based on what we know for nearly certain so far is that we can expect FUT yields and density withOuT any scars from the donor area. For anyone wanting to get a HT, this seems like significantly less invasive and more effective than any method available right now. This may not sound like a big deal now, but if you actually plan to get a HT, these two factors will make your life so much better.

If even 15-20% donor regeneration can be demonstrated, then WOW. Those of us that are NW2 or so could get a nice hairline fix, and then just go back as necessary. I assume by the time your donor is actually exhausted, a hair doubling or histogen or hair cloning technique would be available. I know this sounds risky but it makes sense to me, albeit not ideal. If Dr Wes can come through and prove only around %20 regen consistently, then this is the best thing that's ever happened to any of us. Let the Gods be with dr Wes

Reasonable? What do you guys think

I wonder if dr Wes is doing this all on his own. It seems to me we should have every hair and regenerative expert working with him to solidify the regeneration portion of the procedure and maximize efficacy

I agree. I think this is a cutting edge development worthy of everyone's attention. Scarless FUE with FUT-like yields is impressive, but demonstrable donor regeneration would make this a surgical cure. Whether it succeeds or not, at least this doctor seems to be going about things in a methodical way, will present at a conference, and seems to be willing to share his findings freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I agree. I think this is a cutting edge development worthy of everyone's attention. Scarless FUE with FUT-like yields is impressive, but demonstrable donor regeneration would make this a surgical cure. Whether it succeeds or not, at least this doctor seems to be going about things in a methodical way, will present at a conference, and seems to be willing to share his findings freely.
    Both parties involved with BTT who have personally met with Wesely were both wow'ed not only at the yield but MOST importantly at the donor area and its regenerative capabilities. Fingers crossed that this proves true.

My pilofocus thought-
    I've been told by reputable doctors that I was not a candidate for strip because my donor wasn't thick enough - which is fine. I'm glad I listened and didn't do anything - and you cannot tell my donor is thin bc I can hide it.
    So then I thought well FUE may help -but even FUE I'm still taking hairs away from an already below average donor area.
    Now there's pilofocus which has no scarring- GREAT! But I'm still in the same situation with moving donor hairs - if the regeneration works I'd have no problem framing my face with a good hairline and using regeneration to get back the donor to where it is now.
    Then I could use toppik on top and crown-maintain with FIN-and though it wouldn't be the best-I could live my life like that until something better comes along! I'm stuck in the middle - it's unfair-not only has my hair thinned but I can't even fix it bc of my stupid donor hair !
    Basically I want to frame my face so I don't have to use toppik on my hairline and it will help with the bright light and sunlight outside- I'd be happy with just fixing that!
    As much as I want to believe in regeneration - it's almost too good to be true -but I hope I'm wrong.
    I commend Dr. Wesley for what he is doing- we need some new steps forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Vascom View Post
    My pilofocus thought-
    I've been told by reputable doctors that I was not a candidate for strip because my donor wasn't thick enough - which is fine. I'm glad I listened and didn't do anything - and you cannot tell my donor is thin bc I can hide it.
    So then I thought well FUE may help -but even FUE I'm still taking hairs away from an already below average donor area.
    Now there's pilofocus which has no scarring- GREAT! But I'm still in the same situation with moving donor hairs - if the regeneration works I'd have no problem framing my face with a good hairline and using regeneration to get back the donor to where it is now.
    Then I could use toppik on top and crown-maintain with FIN-and though it wouldn't be the best-I could live my life like that until something better comes along! I'm stuck in the middle - it's unfair-not only has my hair thinned but I can't even fix it bc of my stupid donor hair !
    Basically I want to frame my face so I don't have to use toppik on my hairline and it will help with the bright light and sunlight outside- I'd be happy with just fixing that!
    As much as I want to believe in regeneration - it's almost too good to be true -but I hope I'm wrong.
    I commend Dr. Wesley for what he is doing- we need some new steps forward!
    Hey man I felt the same way.. unsure. But the way that it was spoken about by the few who have witnessed it was so positive and confident. In terms of regeneration Wesley may really be onto something.

Well yes, a cure for hair loss would be nice.

This is the thing I'm most excited about because it's coming so soon AND Spencer was so impressed. Scarless FUT is awesome enough, but if significant donor regen is possible, then that's HUGE. For a guy like me with limited hair loss, this could be the thing to thicken me back up and get me off of checking this forum once a week. I'm saving my pennies.

I sincerely hope Dr. Wesley has a heart and is reading the pleas from members like us to give us regeneration. I would give everyhing in my bank account to feel happy again with a head a head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I sincerely hope Dr. Wesley has a heart and is reading the pleas from members like us to give us regeneration. I would give everyhing in my bank account to feel happy again with a head a head of hair.
    Im still confused as to how this thing works....

is it scarless because it extracts such a small fue, that skin can regenerate, for all intents and purposes, "scarlessly"? similar to HST?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Im still confused as to how this thing works....

is it scarless because it extracts such a small fue, that skin can regenerate, for all intents and purposes, "scarlessly"? similar to HST?
    A tool is inserted under the scalp, the surgen uses this to pull the follicule out from the underside of the scalp. Just like in cartoons when a rabbit under ground pulls a carrot down into his tunnel, all you see from the surface is the green part of the carrot disapearing.