+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Found this bit in the patent for Pilofocus:

Communication between these two stem-cell enriched areas promotes hair follicle regeneration. Other components of an intact hair follicle 202 include a hair shaft 218, an inner root sheath 222, an outer root sheath 224, and a sebaceous gland 228.
    Source: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2013/0096600.html

Anyone care to comment? Even Dr. Wesley has a video clip on his own site where Spencer talks about the belief for donor regeneration.

Its about fvcking time we got donor regeneration, at least to some degree (50% would be great, 30% minimum though).

I really hope Dr. Wesley can pull this off... if he does, I swear to god I'll buy him beer for LIFE.

I really don't see why anyone sees Pilofocus as better than what's on the market.

1) Gho Clinic does scarless with regeneration. Even if the regeneration figure is questionable, everyone on the forum states that the recepient has been scarless.

2) Dr. Cole says he can get 20%-60% regeneration with Acell and has showed pics of recepients with little or no scarring.

I really don't think Pilofocus is any better than what is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

Anyone care to comment? Even Dr. Wesley has a video clip on his own site where Spencer talks about the belief for donor regeneration.

Its about fvcking time we got donor regeneration, at least to some degree (50% would be great, 30% minimum though).

I really hope Dr. Wesley can pull this off... if he does, I swear to god I'll buy him beer for LIFE.

A beer for life? If this has documented and consistent regeneration, along with the other proposed benefits, I will offer dr W anything he wants forever... This is exciting

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

Dr. Cole has been documenting follicle regeneration in his patient's donor areas for years using ACell. ACell was approved by the FDA as a regenerative product. It's only available to physicians in the US. After a minimal depth follicle extraction, a gel containing ACell in suspension is placed in the extraction site. We have seen donor area regeneration up to 70%. around 50% is average. People find this hard to believe. ACell was not developed by a hair restoration physician. It has many medical applications and has been used to build human heart valves. The brother of a developer of extracellular matrix cut off the end of his finger in the propeller of a model airplane. He applied extracellular matrix powder and regrew the end of his finger. See video here.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 08-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Dr. Cole has been documenting follicle regeneration in his patient's donor areas for years using ACell. ACell was approved by the FDA as a regenerative product. It's only available to physicians in the US. After a minimal depth follicle extraction, a gel containing ACell in suspension is placed in the extraction site. We have seen donor area regeneration up to 70%. around 50% is average. People find this hard to believe. ACell was not developed by a hair restoration physician. It has many medical applications and has been used to build human heart valves. The brother of a developer of extracellular matrix cut off the end of his finger in the propeller of a model airplane. He applied extracellular matrix powder and regrew the end of his finger. See video here.

www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

Instead of providing a link to some indirect website, could you please provide some substantial evidence to the aforementioned claim about HAIR regeneration. I mean, if there is consistent 50% regeneration, then it is a true shame that the procedure is not being practiced by all hair restoration surgeons. And what about teaming up with dr Wesley. Could you imagine if we lived in a world where dr cole and dr W would team up to actually perfect a technique to save all of our lives, instead of everyone trying to do things on their own and failing like usual. Ya know, like sharing expertise and knowledge to create a more powerful product... What a far fetched idea, huh

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    Instead of providing a link to some indirect website, could you please provide some substantial evidence to the aforementioned claim about HAIR regeneration. I mean, if there is consistent 50% regeneration, then it is a true shame that the procedure is not being practiced by all hair restoration surgeons. And what about teaming up with dr Wesley. Could you imagine if we loved in a world where dr cole and dr W would team up to actually perfect a technique to save all of our lives, instead of everyone trying to do things on their own and failing like usual
    A couple problems with that kind of thinking:

1) Its utopian thought
    2) Most people value money over integrity

www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Has Dr Cole published these findings, or are there any plans to?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    Instead of providing a link to some indirect website, could you please provide some substantial evidence to the aforementioned claim about HAIR regeneration. I mean, if there is consistent 50% regeneration, then it is a true shame that the procedure is not being practiced by all hair restoration surgeons. And what about teaming up with dr Wesley. Could you imagine if we lived in a world where dr cole and dr W would team up to actually perfect a technique to save all of our lives, instead of everyone trying to do things on their own and failing like usual. Ya know, like sharing expertise and knowledge to create a more powerful product... What a far fetched idea, huh
    ACell is of little to no value when used in strip donor areas and of little value when full-depth FUE extractions are taken.

The technology is there. As I mentioned, hair restoration physicians didn't develop this. When used properly, it works as advertised. ACell was approved by the FDA as a regenerative product. The company, ACell had to prove the effectiveness of their extracellular matrix products to the FDA before they could legally sell their products to physicians. I remember overhearing a discussion between Dr. Raymond Konior and Dr. Cole where they expressed mutual disgust at the reality that hair restoration physicians generally take 10 years to get onboard with effective new technology.

Take a look at acell.com. There are a great number of papers from respected sources discussing the merits of extracellular matrix as a regenerative product.

www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

ACell is of little to no value when used in strip donor areas and of little value when full-depth FUE extractions are taken.

The technology is there. As I mentioned, hair restoration physicians didn't develop this. When used properly, it works as advertised. ACell was approved by the FDA as a regenerative product. The company, ACell had to prove the effectiveness of their extracellular matrix products to the FDA before they could legally sell their products to physicians. I remember overhearing a discussion between Dr. Raymond Konior and Dr. Cole where they expressed mutual disgust at the reality that hair restoration physicians generally take 10 years to get onboard with effective new technology.

Take a look at acell.com. There are a great number of papers from respected sources discussing the merits of extracellular matrix as a regenerative product.

www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Hi, has Dr cole ever tried removing miniturised hairs in bald areas and injecting acell just like he would in a donor area. If the mechanism for regrowth is the same all over the scalp you would assume acell could also regen these follicules. If this worked you could use an artas robot to remove or partialy remove miniturised hair folicules and inject acell.

Thumbs up

Good question Brunobald.