+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The most depressing video I have seen.

I'm having a bad today. I woke up with the worst morning hair ever and during my shower I saw so many hairs that I wanted to cry. I spent 10 minutes styling my hair to cover my balding and having stepped outside, within 5 minutes a gust of wind blew my whole hair into a mess exposing my disease. I got to my office and went to the bathroom for the mirror for damage control and to try and make myself presentable. I made it through the day, had dinner and saw my reflection in the oven and felt depressed again.

I've just done a pull test and managed to pull 5 hairs in one go. Browsing the internet in sadness I came across this video which is the most depressing thing I have ever seen in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aixb...=TLF0XaYUY4u0A

r you on propecia?

Its depressing because that guy should have given up on long hair long ago.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

I understand your point Adam,,the use of what appears to be tape and glue is something that I personally could not keep up with.
    By the way Adam, I feel for you.
    Please dont allow your hair loss to ruin your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I understand your point Adam,,the use of what appears to be tape and glue is something that I personally could not keep up with.
    Thank you Dave for those kind words. I woke up today feeling exhausted from dealing with this. It's turning me into an increasingly bitter and resentful person. I am in my early twenties and like a stereotypical grumpy old man.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Just keep in mind Adam,
    what you would strongly focusing in on about yourself, in this case your scalp, most people around you truly are not.
    Not to the same degree anyway. Things will get better but for now, do not allow the hair loss to get the better of you.
    I know thats a hard thing to do right now.

Just keep in mind Adam,
    what you would strongly focusing in on about yourself, in this case your scalp, most people around you truly are not.
    Not to the same degree anyway. Things will get better but for now, do not allow the hair loss to get the better of you.
    I know thats a hard thing to do right now.
    It is difficult Dave but that is very sound advice.

Actually right now I am feeling slightly guilty with myself. I was coming home from the university today and there was a guy that was my age (and he even looked a bit like me) that was blind and he was struggling with a white cane. I went up to him and asked, 'where are you going bro' and then guided him whilst chatting together. It turns out he was coming from the gym and at that moment all of my worries seemed trivial and insignificant. Here was a real inspiration, someone who no matter what was determined to live life.

My balding brothers, I know this disease is tough but sometimes a little perspective can change your entire mindset. I still am going to try to do whatever it takes to fight it but at the same time, try and not let it consume me (though I know that is easier said than done).

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    It is difficult Dave but that is very sound advice.

Actually right now I am feeling slightly guilty with myself. I was coming home from the university today and there was a guy that was my age (and he even looked a bit like me) that was blind and he was struggling with a white cane. I went up to him and asked, 'where are you going bro' and then guided him whilst chatting together. It turns out he was coming from the gym and at that moment all of my worries seemed trivial and insignificant. Here was a real inspiration, someone who no matter what was determined to live life.

My balding brothers, I know this disease is tough but sometimes a little perspective can change your entire mindset. I still am going to try to do whatever it takes to fight it but at the same time, try and not let it consume me (though I know that is easier said than done).
    That's what it's all about. That's why TBT is so powerful. We all know how much this sucks, but there are far worse things to deal with in life. It's all about perspective. Don't let hair loss consume you or make you bitter and angry like so many of the young guys on this forum. Use it as a life lesson and become stronger from it. That's what listening to Spencer taught me and it's changed my life!

Hair loss ruins lives. You could do every thing possible to not allow it to ruin your life, but it will still ruin most of our lives(barring those with perfect FUT/FUE/HST's who have fortunately recovered their happiness). Mine has been ruined by hair loss for sure. To think that I was one of those mid teen age kids who would say "If I ever go bald, i'd just shave it, no biggie *shrugs*" It is a whole different story when it actually happens, and at the age it happened(your entire life ahead of you), and the comments received from it.

It's like saying please don't allow death to kill you, it's inevitable. Hair loss will ruin your life, socially and psychologically, you can't stop it. You can adapt to, depending on your attitude, but you can not stop hair loss from changing your life. It's a very difficult task.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Hair loss ruins lives. You could do every thing possible to not allow it to ruin your life, but it will still ruin most of our lives(barring those with perfect FUT/FUE/HST's who have fortunately recovered their happiness). Mine has been ruined by hair loss for sure. To think that I was one of those mid teen age kids who would say "If I ever go bald, i'd just shave it, no biggie *shrugs*" It is a whole different story when it actually happens, and at the age it happened(your entire life ahead of you), and the comments received from it.

It's like saying please don't allow death to kill you, it's inevitable. Hair loss will ruin your life, socially and psychologically, you can't stop it. You can adapt to, depending on your attitude, but you can not stop hair loss from changing your life. It's a very difficult task.
    How have you been? Are you still on Dutagen?