+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Take

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by BaldAndHairy View Post
    You're going to be old and ugly eventually if you make it to old age. Are you not going to feel good about yourself? Hey, if you learn how to feel good about yourself in spite of how society laughs at baldness, you'll be preparing for what will eventually happen.

When baldness does get cured, it will be icing on the cake.

All I'm saying is it's kind of lame to fund a defunct company. As a 'sufferer" I would take the chance with trying CRTH2 antagonists in advance of approval assuming safety is established.
    Nearly all men at any stage in their life would rather have the choice of having hair rather than simply being bald. I don't care how old I am or how terrible my skin makes me look, I want my identity and my hair is a large part of that.

You can continue on with experimental drugs (not that I won't, im looking for answers from every angle too) but in 2013 and pushing 2014 for us to be going down THIS route is appalling.

I'm not going to stand idle and waiting anymore. The progress for a hair loss cure is a far bigger joke than what society throws at us.

I think the future looks brighter for sure.

But being as this is a biotech industry one can't just expect all good news every day and really the news will come very slow, this is a year by year industry and some of the companies will fail for sure.

are we getting closer to the cure, 100%, I don't think anyone can deny that, we have seen what doesn't work and we seem to be getting more and more specific with each test/experiment etc.

It seems that a cure will come in the form of multiple medications, not just inhibiting DHT but inhibitin PGD2+Wounding+FGF-9 for example. Thus why many of our grey market experiments probably arent working.

But really the big positive is that if they do discover a strong product in say safety trials that we may be able to skip the FDA trials(once we know it's safe of course, so after the initial phase I trial possibly) and just get it ourselves! That's where this forum will come in handy.

and 100% stay off the forums, there is more to life than hair and i found that these past few months have gone by so fast when i'm just going out and living! it's a sucky thing to live with but ultimately people dont care as much as you think if you're still a positive person!