+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Take

Quote Originally Posted by BaldAndHairy View Post
    Venture capitalists have infinitely more money than a forum could ever generate. And it's hard to think of a product that more people would gladly pay an arm and a leg for. I honestly don't see how there's a shortage of money in this case. There are many parties working to cure it. Some failed. Somebody seems to have it right and is securing their right to the revenue from the product.

I think it is foolish to fund companies that are failing. Clearly somebody whose money was at stake decided it was not worth it anymore. It is probably related to the eventual success of someone else. For example, it seems Aderans is gone. Stem cells are always risky. A lot of cancer problems, compatibility problems. Now, what if there was another company that was going to offer the same service using techniques that were already established? (Follica for example). That is where the money is.
    Ok, so if venture capitalists have all the money a forum could ever generate (youre wrong on that, we're not only targeting forums)... then, by your logic... where is the funding from venture capitalists? We just saw Aderans pull out of ARI only to continue selling wigs and strip FUT surgeries.

However, targeting Aderans is not the only angle, Histogen's HSC is a largely successful treatment, 86% responder rate, 40% or more regrowth in the first couple months with continued growth after a year. THEY are in need of funding as well, but ultimately its US who chose who to fund. You have a choice and your money isnt taken away immediately, its a pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Ok, so if venture capitalists have all the money a forum could ever generate (youre wrong on that, we're not only targeting forums)... then, by your logic... where is the funding from venture capitalists? We just saw Aderans pull out of ARI only to continue selling wigs and strip FUT surgeries.

However, targeting Aderans is not the only angle, Histogen's HSC is a largely successful treatment, 86% responder rate, 40% or more regrowth in the first couple months with continued growth after a year. THEY are in need of funding as well, but ultimately its US who chose who to fund. You have a choice and your money isnt taken away immediately, its a pledge.
    An analogy:

Cotsarelis is facebook in its heydey before public offering. A breakthrough product, lots of venture capital support.
    Aderans is myspace now.
    Histogen is...i dont know

I see what you're saying but it seems like winners and losers have already been picked, no?

Baldness is ruthless. So is time and drug approval regulations.

Obviously go for it though if you and others truly believe it will work but I'm not putting my money there.

If you are going for advocacy then make a foundation. Like the alzheimer's foundation. Or the Michael J Fox Foundation. Or Lance Armstrong's Foundation, whatever it is. It might be hard to get sympathy though, lol.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-8536988.html

Don't know why we would need to though.

Maybe get a hair transplant now? The cure may come before you bald further and it looks weird.

Maybe get a hair transplant now? The cure may come before you bald further and it looks weird.
    I'm working on a topical treatment first, my hair has thinned badly (though its more than likely its a minox shed) and maintaining with CB coming to me soon. Growth Factors from Kane may help with the dermarolling wounding practice or that on its own may be enough for regrowth as it induces WNT proteins. I don't want to throw down so much money on an HT before I get a good regimen down. I refuse to take Finasteride as its dick poison.

I'm working on a topical treatment first, my hair has thinned badly (though its more than likely its a minox shed) and maintaining with CB coming to me soon. Growth Factors from Kane may help with the dermarolling wounding practice or that on its own may be enough for regrowth as it induces WNT proteins. I don't want to throw down so much money on an HT before I get a good regimen down. I refuse to take Finasteride as its dick poison.
    what is dermarolling
    what is CB

what is dermarolling
    what is CB
    lol. says the guy trying to tell everyone what we should be doing in regards to our hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by baldnotbeautiful View Post
    lol. says the guy trying to tell everyone what we should be doing in regards to our hairloss.
    Play nice guys.

Hey man,

I did my research. Did not know about CB or RU. Sorry for being closeminded.

So these drugs act similarly to finasteride but not system-wide. Interesting.

Good luck. I'm going to look into this as soon as I have time.

Also, I have some biology/science experience. If there's any intellectual work to be done I can offer my services.

Edit for the moment